Q&A

You must sign in to ask a question. If you do not have an account, you can register here

How can I see stored procedures from a generic JDBC connection in "Create base view"?
answered 23-04-2020 16:33:46 -0400

I can't see any stored prodcedures in Admin Tool for generic JDBC connections. Is there a flag somewhere to see them?

Answers: 1

Use denodo-scheduler-admin for database backups.
answered 23-04-2020 13:25:19 -0400

Team, we need to setup a schedule to backup the databases in our Production environment and wanted to ask if there are step by step instructions to do this via denodo-scheduler? Below is the script I found but am unsure how I could use it in the sche...

database backups Job scheduler Backup Denodo Scheduler 7.0

Custom Driver stored procedure's not listed
answered 22-04-2020 17:30:01 -0400

Hi, I am writing a Generic JDBC driver to load inside denodo. The driver loads fine but I dont see my stored procedures returned by DatabaseMetaData. They do show up in my other DB tools like dbever. Any insight is really appreciated. Thanks Anish

driver datasource procedure

Connect to Azure Blob Storage from Denodo
answered 22-04-2020 08:29:03 -0400

Hi Team, I was able to successfully connect to Azure blob storage from denodo using request sigining method as URL query parameter ("access_token") however, I had to keep the access level of my container to Public Access Level --> Blob (anonymous r...

Related to: How to connect to Azure Blob Storage from Denodo

Training: Create bv_wo_distance_from_storage base view
answered 22-04-2020 07:38:13 -0400

I’m trying to do this lab, I’m trying to creat from a query, I’m using Denodo supplied code and I get this error. CODE\Tip: SQL query: select LATITUDE as lat_storage, LONGITUDE as lon_storage, ID as storage_id, (NVL(6387.7,0) * ACOS((sin(NVL(@lat_...

vql for Import roles from LDAP data source
answered 21-04-2020 17:50:35 -0400

Hi all, I understand in VDP we can use “Import Roles from LDAP” wizard to import roles from LDAP data scouce, and I can see ldap data source defined in VDP database, if that do we have vql to import roles, which can does the same thing as the Import Ro...

vql import ldap roles

Pivot function in denodo
answered 20-04-2020 17:34:20 -0400

Is there any pivot functions in denodo, like the MSSQL server? The KB shows us doing it using case statements. Also is there a new way of creating dynamic columns from distinct row values other than what suggested in below link? https://community.den...

dynamic columns Pivot

FETCH or LIMIT in a Subquery
answered 20-04-2020 15:00:05 -0400

Are you not able to use FETCH and/or LIMIT in a subquery? This query throws an error - Syntax error: Exception parsing query near 'LIMIT' SELECT a.* FROM view1 INNER JOIN (SELECT joinval from view2 ORDER BY joinval DESC FETCH FIRST 3 ROWS ONLY) AS vie...

FETCH LIMIT Subquery

Unable to connect Azure Data Lake 2
answered 19-04-2020 13:42:42 -0400

Hi Team, My team is doing POC on data virtualization using Denodo via Azure portal. We required to get data from Azure Data Lake gen 2 and make base view on Denodo so that we can visualize our data using Power BI. As discussed with Mr. Himanshu Shriva...

Login issue to VDP servers
answered 17-04-2020 16:08:47 -0400

Hi Team, While logging to VDP servers, one of team member has getting the belw error. java.security.invalidAlgorithmParameterException the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty. please have a look and let us know what is the issue.