Q&A

You must sign in to ask a question. If you do not have an account, you can register here

extract server configuration
answered 03-06-2019 09:15:52 -0400

Hi Team, Denodo 5.5 Denodo 6.0 Administration > Server Configuration Tools > Admin Tool Preferences Control Center > Configure > Memory Options Is there any scripted way to get the values configured in these sections. Rather than opening...

Answers: 3

Admin tool memory options Server Configuration Changes

Unable to connect to Hortonworks Hive using Kerberos.
answered 31-05-2019 12:34:58 -0400

Hi Team, We are unable to connect to Hortonworks Hive using Kerberos Authentication. We have installed all jars and using the below connection string. "jdbc:hive2://HOST:PORT/default;principal=**;auth=kerberos" . I am getting the error "Unable to estab...

Answers: 1

Hive kerberos

Case function in Denodo
answered 31-05-2019 07:54:56 -0400

Hi Team, I have a requirement to implement a scenaion similar to the below in Denodo. But I am not sure, how to go about it using denodo case function. It is throwing me some error. Can you please help? IF [varI] =0 then 'Perm' ELSEIF([varI] >0 and ...

Related to: Oracle SQL to Denodo VQL Quick Reference

Function case function denodo functions CASE

Passing a tableau Parameter from Tableau to a parameterised Denodo Derived view
answered 31-05-2019 06:35:42 -0400

Hi, I have created a denodo derived view which has a parameter and filter added on that. The paraemetr passes the Customer ID. When i run and test in Denodo, it works fine. I change the parameter default value everytime and it filters the data for that...

Parameterize

Denodo testing tool for denodo 7
answered 31-05-2019 04:38:43 -0400

Hi, We have been using Denodo 6 currently and will be moving to denodo 7 soon. We want to do some automation testing for our comonly checked test cases and encountered this tool with denodo called Denodo testing tool. I haven't seen any documentatio...

Denodo Testing Tool Testing

training for developers 'DEN70EDUD01 Data Virtualization Developer (Introduction) - On-demand' Problem with download zip files at each exercise
answered 31-05-2019 03:33:47 -0400

Hi, I previously installed a VM to do the tutorial. I would like to use this VM to do the courses on demand without having to install the virtual machine you are proposing. the problem is that when I try to do the download, in the various exercises, it...

Denodo 7 imported data from Denodo 6: caveats?
answered 30-05-2019 12:47:58 -0400

Hello, I was testing an import from a virtual database in Denodo 6 to Denodo 7. Without changes, I noticed that date fields got marked "deprecated". I checked the documentation and read that now there will be multiple date and time datatypes. How ...

Answers: 3

License does not allow more requests.- Error message
answered 30-05-2019 00:54:47 -0400

This week we have run into an intermittent problem. We get locked out from our Denodo session, with this error: "Error while creating base view License does not allow more requests. The number of requests being processed is too high" It then clears...

Role, User and VCS management options are disabled in Denodo express 7.0
answered 29-05-2019 17:53:50 -0400

Downloaded and installed Denodo express 7.0. Logged in with default admin user. I am able to connect to cloud source and create views. But user management, Role management and VCS management options are disabled. Why so?

Create User Role and User Management

ErrorMessage while open connection to Denodo via npgsql in c#
answered 29-05-2019 08:12:33 -0400

Hi, I am trying to connect to Denodo (Version 7), via c# code. I installed npqsql (version 4.0.6) and created a connection string with: {host} {port} {username} {passwd} {database} and the SSL-Mode as required. (user and pwd combination was checked...

Answers: 5

c# npgsql