Q&A

You must sign in to ask a question. If you do not have an account, you can register here

We are excited to announce the availability of a new version of the Denodo Express 7.0 with new features and fixed issues starting in April 2018.

If you want to try it or if you want to migrate your current Denodo Express version you can download the brand new Denodo Express 7.0 at the Express home page in the Denodo Community

Excel Data Source: Is it possible to create a view on a directory containing the excel files?
answered 11-10-2017 09:09:14 -0400

Is it possible to create an excel data source based on a directory of files versus an individual file? If so, how would you configure this?

Answers: 1

Excel Data Source Mulitple Files

Putting a NULL value as a constant
answered 11-10-2017 07:43:29 -0400

I need to create a field (called UPDATE_IND) in a derived view (V1) and the value of that field is NULL. Meaning that the derived view is going to be used in a UNION query with another derived view (V2) that has the field (UPDATE_IND) pre-filled from t...

null constant

Base view on REST API - How to query and Pass parameter
answered 11-10-2017 07:17:57 -0400

Hi Team, As per you suggestion in my last question, I was able to connect to REST API -JSON sucessfully. I also, created base view. My REST API does the custom decryption for which it accepts encrypted string as input in body. I am looking for a hel...

Answers: 3

REST API

GET_VIEWS() function
answered 10-10-2017 08:57:46 -0400

I am using DENODO VDP version 6.0 20170515. When I create a view based on the following query: SELECT * FROM GET_VIEWS() I am getting an error: com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.common.clientResult.VQLException: Listener refused the connection with the foll...

Answers: 2

GET_VIEWS

unnamed private wrapper in Denodo Query execution plan
answered 10-10-2017 06:05:34 -0400

Hi Team, Thanks for your support. I have a dervied view which was comming like this. "A" join to "B" and "B" joins to "C" and "A" joins "D" when I go for excution plan I am seeing “no name” as like below excution plans Name<unnamed private wrapper&...

Denodo Compatibility - Not fully compatible with PostgreSQL
answered 09-10-2017 09:36:33 -0400

The institution that I work for has adopted Denodo, and both the team responsible and your documentation have listed that Denodo is based on, and compatible with, the PostgreSQL driver. My department develops on the Microsoft stack, and as such we ha...

Reading and writing data through REST services
answered 09-10-2017 09:10:24 -0400

Hi, I've table Employee with 20 attributes. I wanted to use this table for two purpose. Expose Rest API for data exsiting in Employee table which am able to do Expose POST REST service for inserting data into this table through Denodo. Only 5 a...

#HTTP #Post #Rest_API #webservice

Web service deployment
answered 09-10-2017 06:16:43 -0400

Hi There,We are migrating our Denodo production evnrionment to a new server (AWS). To migrate we are exporting of our database and importing ittoto the newly configuredad installed Denodo server.Dowe need to redeployour webservices after importing the...

web services Migration deployment

SSL Connection error when launching VDP Tool
answered 06-10-2017 07:44:12 -0400

Hi Team, We are getting the below error when we are trying to launch VDP tool. Connection Error:Cannot establish a SSL connection because of problems in handshake. Regards Bhuvana

Extract URL or directly download file from using url
answered 06-10-2017 05:41:09 -0400

Is there way to extract the file after the button is submitted. Example scenario: Submit button clicked > file is view to the browser (http://website.com/file.doc) There is no “Download” option or url, I only have the url. To save the file manuall...

Answers: 4