Q&A

You must sign in to ask a question. If you do not have an account, you can register here

We are excited to announce the availability of a new version of the Denodo Express 7.0 with new features and fixed issues starting in April 2018.

If you want to try it or if you want to migrate your current Denodo Express version you can download the brand new Denodo Express 7.0 at the Express home page in the Denodo Community

Getting Connection TimeOut
answered 10-08-2017 09:07:37 -0400

Hi Denodo Team, I am getting 'Unable to connect to the database: Network error IOException: Connection timed out' when clicking Create Base View after Configuring JDBC connection for sql server 2014. Any advise please? Im using SQL Server Express 2014.

Answers: 1

Denodo functions that are not delegated to source
answered 09-08-2017 09:09:45 -0400

Hi team! Is there a list of those functions/queries/process that are not pushed down to the source? I mean like sub selects, truncates, casts, etc. We need a detailed list of that stuff in order to optimize our views. Thanks in advance! EDIT: The s...

Function Delegate

Problems downloading express.
answered 09-08-2017 04:28:43 -0400

I've tried several times from different locations, wired and wifi, to download express to evaluate. So far I'm not successful. I'm able to download virtually anything else from safari and a couple of download managers I've used. As far as I can tell, ...

download

Script to turn Cache on or off
answered 08-08-2017 10:39:19 -0400

Is there a VQL script to turn on or off the cache so that instead of navigating to Administration>Server Configuration and switching the Cache, I can just run the script in VQL shell to get this done. Thanks and regards.

Answers: 3

DENODO Virtual DataPort

Keep view names to cached tables
answered 08-08-2017 09:11:08 -0400

When I am caching the views, some numbering is adding to the table names in the cache database. I want just the view names to be kept for the tables in the cache databse. Is this possible. If yes, please let me know how can I get this done. Thanks, Sa...

DENODO Denodo Scheduler 6.0 SQL Server

Avoid deleting the cached data at the time of deployment to upper environments
answered 08-08-2017 09:09:02 -0400

We have some views created in the local environment and when we deploy it the upper environment, we cache the views. So, every time we do a deployment we turn the cache back on all the views. This is making the tables which are cached previously in the...

cache DENODO SQL Server deploy

updating multiple rows in one table using values obtained from second table in a single statement . . .
answered 04-08-2017 08:28:48 -0400

Hi there - We would like to be able to update one (virtual) table using the values from another table. I've tried several different variations of the SQL syntax, none of which were successful. For example, what we would like to be able to do would look...

vql; update syntax;

Using Subversion with denodo
answered 04-08-2017 00:50:49 -0400

Hello, We are using subversion with denodo. I have a trunk and branch defined. Everytime I merge trunk to branch many items in the branch go into the red status ( out of sync) I need to check out individual items again to turn them green. Is there any...

Date Expressions
answered 03-08-2017 09:16:02 -0400

Hi, Can anyone please provide me the expressions for Current quarter begining date, End of current quarter date and Next Quarter begining date? Thanks

Answers: 2

Incremental caching option in Denodo Express
answered 03-08-2017 07:31:34 -0400

Hi, I've been trying out the caching modes available in the express version but I can't seem to find the incremental option under full cache mode. Is this a limitation on the express version?