Q&A

You must sign in to ask a question. If you do not have an account, you can register here

We are excited to announce the availability of a new version of the Denodo Express 7.0 with new features and fixed issues starting in April 2018.

If you want to try it or if you want to migrate your current Denodo Express version you can download the brand new Denodo Express 7.0 at the Express home page in the Denodo Community

Error when running CLEAN_CACHE_DATABASE procedure
answered 17-07-2017 08:18:25 -0400

I am getting the following error when I try to run the CLEAN_CACHE_DATABASE stored procedure via VQL shell: select * from CLEAN_CACHE_DATABASE('<vdb_name>'); Finished with error: The user does not have READ privileges on the procedure 'clean_cac...

Answers: 1

Stored Procedures CALL CLEAN_CACHE_DATABASE

VDP Connection error. You can continue working in draft mode
answered 17-07-2017 07:36:21 -0400

Version 6, Last update installed : 20170220 Issue: After logging into Scheduler on local machine, I have added a new server where I actually want to schedule a job for frequent cache load process. After connecting to that server ( using admin credenti...

VDP administration connection error

View without search methods when applying CAST() or SUM().
answered 17-07-2017 07:07:57 -0400

Hello, there is an error when I'm trying to apply common functions like CAST( text field to date), SUM (decimal fields) and even simple math operations from the base view, which uses XML datasource and contains some obligatory fields. For example, vG...

Denodo Monitor Service Not Maintaining Running Status
answered 14-07-2017 17:15:59 -0400

Hello, I just finished following this tutorial on two machines. The first machine worked flawlessly and is running well (my local dev machine). However, after performing this on the DEV server (running Windows Server 2012), I am experiencing issues k...

Answers: 2
Related to: Denodo Monitor as a Windows service

Denodo Denodo Monitor Auditing

Using the COALESCE function with Dates
answered 14-07-2017 09:28:34 -0400

Will appreciate if someone can help me with the following using the COALESCE function Query purpose: To return a particular Date value. If no Date value is returned, use January 1 0001 as the default Select coalesce(bv_test.find_my_dt, to_date('MMMM ...

coalesce

Function is not executable
answered 14-07-2017 05:05:03 -0400

HI, I try to make a simple function it returns me this error "Finished with error: Function righttest is not executable". Below is the java and denodo script. Java: public class righttestVdpFunction { public String execute(String regex) { ...

Date format used in the fixed WHERE Clause of Derived queries
answered 13-07-2017 09:22:00 -0400

I want to add a WHERE condition to a derived query and the field in the clause is a Date field. What is the formet I need to use in the condition value? In the Derived View > Edit > Where Conditions > add a condition field name = 'InceptionDa...

dateformat

Support for creating a data source using a session based SOAP backend
answered 13-07-2017 09:20:45 -0400

Hello! I am in process of discovering the capabilities of Denodo and as part of my experiments I want to access a backend application that publishes SOAP services. I have successfully created a simple data source based on that application, I am not...

Denodo Express SOAP Web Service

Derived view access issue from Alteryx
answered 13-07-2017 09:06:23 -0400

Hi, User wanted to connect to a derived view from Alteryx, So I have provided connect privilege for the respective database and read privilege to the derived view. Now the user is able to access the derived view from SQL editor in Alteryx but not able...

access ODBC Alteryx derived view

Execution time increased after turning on the Cache
answered 13-07-2017 04:25:58 -0400

I am having around 20 services created whose base views are cached and indexed. The performance(execution time) of all the services was improved when I switched to cache database except one service. This one service execution time is increased to more ...

performance DENODO Denodo Scheduler 6.0 SQL Server