Q&A

You must sign in to ask a question. If you do not have an account, you can register here

We are excited to announce the availability of a new version of the Denodo Express 7.0 with new features and fixed issues starting in September 2019.

If you want to try it or if you want to migrate your current Denodo Express version you can download the brand new Denodo Express 7.0 at the Express home page in the Denodo Community.

In addition, if you want to enjoy the Denodo experience you can run one of our Test Drives.

OData Authentication isue
answered 24-07-2018 15:53:49 -0400

I downloaded the OData wrapper and we are trying to connect to some lists we have in Sharepoint. I followed the instructions in this link: https://community.denodo.com/kb/view/document/Microsoft%20SharePoint%20as%20data%20source?category=Data+Sources...

Answers: 2

OData ODATA

Developing Custom Functions
answered 24-07-2018 13:10:48 -0400

Hi, I'm using Denodo Platform 6.0 and I have a specific requirement. I wanted to develop a custom to-date function that calls Denodo's to-date when it's not delegated and calls the underlying to-date of Hive when it's supposed to be delegated. I foll...

Answers: 1

TO_DATE Custom Functions

How do I pre-load cache for a base view. I do not have scheduler.
answered 24-07-2018 12:37:19 -0400

All I want to do is preload the cache for a base view. I don't have scheduler to do it. I want to pre-load all of the data using a query. I really don't understand how to do this and the documentation isn't clear. My base view option is set rto full ca...

execute from an output of VQL
answered 24-07-2018 10:18:27 -0400

Hi , what is the best way to execute output from a VQL statement ? I have something like this select 'alter table ' || view_name || ' (alter column ' || column_name || ' add (description = ''' || column_name || ' ''));' as vql_script from (select * ...

Answers: 3

How to connect to a Hive External table located in S3 ?
answered 24-07-2018 08:44:33 -0400

I have an use case where I have parquet files in S3 which are made available through external Hive Tables located in S3 .I need to figure out how Denodo could connect to Hive table in S3.

VDP with GIT
answered 23-07-2018 16:29:24 -0400

Where are the step by step configuring documentaion for GIT and VDP?? I see a note in the documentation that for "There are no postinstallation tasks to use GIT in Denodo". As such to configure or enable functionalities described under "VCS Operations...

Excel ODBC Driver limitations
answered 23-07-2018 07:22:19 -0400

Request for clarification regarding points on the Denodo Reference manual. https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/administration/creating_data_sources_and_base_views/odbc_sources/odbc_sources The Excel ODBC driver provided by Micros...

EXCEL ODBC Driver Virtual Data Administration

Best Practices for initial set up/organization of the Server Explorer folders
answered 20-07-2018 20:02:05 -0400

Hello, my colleague and I are relatively new to Denodo and currently we are putting together a set of best practices and trying to determine the best way to organize folders in Server Explorer. I am reaching out to see if Denodo has any best practices/...

folders datasource best practices server explorer

Update statistics automatically via scheduler job
answered 20-07-2018 15:53:15 -0400

Hi, I followed the steps given here https://community.denodo.com/kb/view/document/How%20to%20update%20the%20statistics%20of%20a%20view%20automatically?category=Scheduler to create a scheduler job with CALL GENERATE_STATS procedure. I am getting authent...

Gathering statistics at VDP level
answered 20-07-2018 09:43:49 -0400

Hi , Is there any possibility that statistics can be gathered at VDP level instead of single views. Is there any stored procedure for the same that can be used? Also can statistics be gathered for interface views? Thanks!

Answers: 3