Q&A

You must sign in to ask a question. If you do not have an account, you can register here

We are excited to announce the availability of a new version of the Denodo Express 7.0 with new features and fixed issues starting in November 2018.

If you want to try it or if you want to migrate your current Denodo Express version you can download the brand new Denodo Express 7.0 at the Express home page in the Denodo Community.

In addition, if you want to enjoy the Denodo experience you can run one of our Test Drives.

Docker deployment licensing
answered 13-03-2018 12:51:01 -0400

Hello Denodo Team! What is your licensing model for deployment in Docker container? Can a dockerized instance be spun of the existing enterprise license, or would it need its own license?

Answers: 1

Docker

Unable to create base view from stored procedure - SQL Server
answered 13-03-2018 12:18:47 -0400

I am trying to create a base view from a stored procedure in a data source that is a SQL Server 2014 database. However, when I browse to the stored procedure from the data source in the Denodo client (6.x), the stored procedures show a return value of:...

Related to: Creating views on SQL Server Functions and Stored Procedures

Join in Information Self Service Portal
answered 13-03-2018 08:00:01 -0400

Hi , Can we allow users to join views on the Information Self Service Portal.

Deploying on AWS Cloud using an Active/Passive Cluster architecture
answered 12-03-2018 13:18:33 -0400

Hello, We have decided to deploy Denodo 6.0 on the Cloud using the Active/Passive Cluster architecture. The Passive server will up and running at all times. Can someone point me in the direction to the documentation regarding the setup of this archit...

cluster architecture

Job is not triggering from Scheduler
answered 12-03-2018 12:07:25 -0400

When I run a job from Scheduler it is not triggering. But When I run the associated view from VDP its able to execute successfully without any issues. What could be the issue. How to dig this issue further. Pls help

Issues with X11 display on RHEL 7 when trying to open Denodo components
answered 12-03-2018 09:37:28 -0400

Has anyone else run into issues trying to open the Denodo Platform on RHEL 7 using the Exceed X windows application? I receive the following error when trying to launch 'denodo_platform.sh' Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTarge...

Denodo; RHEL; Linux; Exceed; X windows; X11

Pivoting Denodo View Results
answered 12-03-2018 09:12:32 -0400

I have a SQL server procedure that pivots a table with unknown number of rows and these number of rows can be dynamic and change throughout the day; I have created a view to replace the sql server table but now I need to replicate or replace the stored...

Denodo 6.0 Pivot custom wrapper View

Finished with error: Function 'ifnull' with arity 2 not found
answered 12-03-2018 09:01:29 -0400

This is my query which I am trying to use in VQL Shell "SELECT srno_0, employeeid, firstname, lastname, country, Coalesce ( CASE WHEN Country= "USA" THEN (concat(ifnull(substr(SSN,1,3), ''), '-XX-XXXX')) end, CASE WHEN Country!= "USA" THEN (concat(ifn...

coalesce CASE

Acess to Virtual DataPort server
answered 12-03-2018 07:26:18 -0400

I can not acess Virtual Data Port Server in denodo express version, with admin pop ups na error "Connection error,connection refused". Someone help please Thanks

How associations help to choose best execution plan?
answered 12-03-2018 03:51:51 -0400

Hi there, One of the benefits mentioned in the introduction slide from the Linked Data Associations course (DEN60EDU0134) , mentioned that associations are useful because 'They will be used to optimize queries to increase performance by generating bett...

associations Execution plans