Q&A

You must sign in to ask a question. If you do not have an account, you can register here

We are excited to announce the availability of a new version of the Denodo Express 7.0 with new features and fixed issues starting in April 2018.

If you want to try it or if you want to migrate your current Denodo Express version you can download the brand new Denodo Express 7.0 at the Express home page in the Denodo Community

DML operation affect data present in source ?
answered 11-05-2017 08:27:28 -0400

When we can run DML operation in Base view or derived view. Does it matter what kind of source we should have while running DML?. Will DML operation affect data present in source system?

Answers: 1

Business View
answered 11-05-2017 07:49:07 -0400

Hi Team, Can Denodo by directly used by business user so that they can see data leneage , sample data and denodo models. Thanks Deepak

reading data from a MS SSAS Cube
answered 11-05-2017 00:17:19 -0400

Good Afternoon. Denodo 6. Reading data from a SSAS Cube can be accomplished by: use xmla which implies IIS (mandatory ?) use a MDX query to generate the view (this one requires nothing special like IIS, etc) please let us know which statement ...

Answers: 2

Denodo and In-Memory Data Grid's
answered 10-05-2017 18:26:35 -0400

Hi, I'm interested to find out if there's anybody using Denodo with an In-Memory Data Grid (e.g. VMware Gemfire or GridGain)? How would this typically be configured from an architectural point of view? Many thanks.

Answers: 3

In-Memory Grid

Restrict query to different data sources
answered 10-05-2017 11:00:42 -0400

Hi Support Team. I am trying to restrict the query to fire different data sources for increase the performance. given below is the bussiness requirement details There is 3 different sources(ex. SOURCE1, SOURCE2 and SOURCE3), we created 3 different vi...

How to pass on Values from an XML Request to its corresponding Response
answered 10-05-2017 00:26:37 -0400

Hi, When i create a new project with the below steps New --> Data Source --> XML and then I am succesfully able to configure the project and create a base view too. But when I try to deploy this as a web service, i do not face any problems while...

XML request to response

In Memory - Caching
answered 09-05-2017 16:07:23 -0400

Hello Team, Which In Memory caching can Denodo work with , i am aware of Denodo can be used with Oracle Times Ten / SAP Hana but how about open source Data GRID like Apache Ignite or GridGain or Gigaspaces? Will it only support Relation Data Grid or ...

Answers: 6

Data Grid imdg In-Memory Grid

IGNORE NULLS
answered 09-05-2017 14:31:26 -0400

Denodo 6.0, latest update as of 4/10/2017: Are we able to specify how NULLs are treated in aggregate and windowing functions? I wasn't able to find any information about specifying the handling of NULLs in aggregrate and windowing functions. In parti...

Answers: 2

windowing_function Aggregate

Caching not working while joining two tables.
answered 09-05-2017 08:00:40 -0400

Hi, I have created two tables X, Y and enables the cache. With the current configuration. X, Y caching works individually. But when I do a join query with both tables. The cache is not working. Can some one help me on this. EX: select from X trace; -...

cache cache configuration Cache error

Automatic query rewrite
answered 09-05-2017 05:17:12 -0400

Hi, we're explor enodo as a cache platform for EDW, our EDW is built on redshift and we'd like to replic a similar featur to oracle's aggreg uery rewrite within denodo, are there any docs or examplea on how to do this. Our BI tool is cognos and its mo...

Related to: Advanced VQL Guide

QueryOptimization Queryrewrite