Q&A

You must sign in to ask a question. If you do not have an account, you can register here

We are excited to announce the availability of a new version of the Denodo Express 7.0 with new features and fixed issues starting in April 2018.

If you want to try it or if you want to migrate your current Denodo Express version you can download the brand new Denodo Express 7.0 at the Express home page in the Denodo Community

Maven Integration with Denodo4E plugin
answered 19-04-2017 07:51:06 -0400

Can we integrate Maven build management with the Denodo4E plugin ? I am trying to upload dependencies to Nexus repository so they can be linked in the project using Maven. When deploying the Denodo project, the plugin doesn't recognize the dependencie...

Answers: 3

Stored Procedures Custom Functions Denodo4E deploy

How to provide default value for parameter if user don't provide any value
answered 18-04-2017 09:12:12 -0400

In our example we have two parameters which are optional. We want in such a way that if parameters are not provided we provide some default values. How to provide default value for parameter if user don't provide any values while executing VQL?

Answers: 1

VQL

Rest service in Denodo calling a Denodo Stored Procedure
answered 18-04-2017 08:45:38 -0400

I need to have a Rest service on top of a view that does 2 things. returns its result set inserts the records from its result set plus a few extra input parameters into a table on a different database. My first thought was do a Denodo proced...

Find position of a certain character via VQL sql
answered 17-04-2017 08:16:32 -0400

I have a field with the following value (the file path and the file name): \N9000SF2\Investments\home_old\inv\HOME\HISIRXW\INVDB\INVDB FINAL 01 25 2008\Data Definition Reports\Rei Model Definitions.xls I want the result to be everything except the fil...

VQL Vql

PostgreSql ODBC Driver
answered 14-04-2017 21:33:56 -0400

We are running Denodo 6.0.20170220, connecting to VDP from OBIEE via PostgreSQL ODBC Driver. We get following error in vpd.log whenever running a particular query in OBIEE. We don’t get any error, running the same query connecting to other VPD servers....

Related to: How to access to VDP from OBIEE via ODBC in Linux

OBIEE

Issue with fields with the new Denodo 6 version through JDBC
answered 14-04-2017 16:46:45 -0400

We tackled a new error, after update to the last Denodo 6 version (from January 2017). we get an exception from : com.denodo.vdb.engine.wrapper.raw.jdbc.JDBCAccess [] - Error creating new metavalue the next line of the exception is : com.denodo.vdb.en...

Answers: 6

JDBC query

Statistics calculation
answered 14-04-2017 16:42:25 -0400

It seems that unless you create a custom wrapper by the API, there is absolutely no way to run statistics. Something in the mechanism in Denodo, expects that manual statistics calculation will be done in milli-secs, or it fails with exceptions. There i...

Answers: 5

JDBC Generic configuration

Connection to a generic JDBC wrapper results in catastrophic performance
answered 14-04-2017 16:29:31 -0400

I remeber it wasn't so bad in previous versions. I am trying the anchormen sql4es, which works fine from point of view of connection testing and getting the metadata. However, as running a query directly vs the JDBC driver (java code) takes miili-secs...

Answers: 5

jdbc wrapper performance

Flatten a register in XML
answered 14-04-2017 13:00:07 -0400

Hi team! I have a couple of XML files with a register in it. These are orderfiles from different sources, so they use different names for fields. I'd like to make a new virtual generic table (ordertable) with these XML files, but it seems I can't fl...

Register XML

Denodo Api for creating users
answered 14-04-2017 12:53:41 -0400

Simple question, but have not found an answer yet We know we can create users with a vql statement. But is there also an Denodo API available to create users?

API users