Q&A

You must sign in to ask a question. If you do not have an account, you can register here

We are excited to announce the availability of a new version of the Denodo Express 7.0 with new features and fixed issues starting in April 2018.

If you want to try it or if you want to migrate your current Denodo Express version you can download the brand new Denodo Express 7.0 at the Express home page in the Denodo Community

How to determine log controller status
answered 24-03-2017 07:04:27 -0400

Hello, I see that I can change the log levels for different objects using the logcontroller stored procedure like: call logcontroller('com.denodo.vdp.requests','error'); Is there a way also to determine all the values that have been set and the curre...

Answers: 1

Monitoring with Nagios behind Load Balancer
answered 24-03-2017 07:01:02 -0400

Hi, I have a Denodo setup in AWS with 4 nodes with 1 load balancer. I am trying to configre Nagios monitoring with JMX. Do I need to setup monitoring for each specific node? Or, can I connect through load balancer and check the data like ActiveConnect...

Denono automatic names for fields when importing base views
answered 24-03-2017 04:54:25 -0400

It seems like Denodo is changing the names when it creates a base-view, from the data source names. I just do not know where to read the rules from. Is there a way to make sure that field names will not be changed (exposed the way they are exposed byt...

names baseview

Derived view of a Derived view and inclusion of all base views even if columns not selected
answered 24-03-2017 00:42:38 -0400

I have a derived view "dv1" that has 4 base views(bv_a, bv_b, bv_c, bv_d). I want to create a derived view dv_2 over dv_1 so I don't have to know how to join all the base views together. dv2 is a subset of columns and does not use columns from bv_d. I ...

Require access to old Denodo Express v5.5 server
answered 23-03-2017 09:22:42 -0400

Hi. We did a POC about a year ago using Denodo express 5.5. We want to review what we did but the license has expired. The version 6.0 express license does not work with version 5.5 and I cannot export the database unless I can access version 5.5 aga...

Answers: 2

Extracting the metadata from an expired Denodo Express 5.5
answered 23-03-2017 08:47:24 -0400

Hi ! We have purchased and installed Denodo 6.0 (Platform, full version) in DEV. We have an old installation of Denodo Express 5.5 on another server with an expired license. Is any way to get the metadata from Denodo Express 5.5 into Denodo 6.0 ? Thank...

Reviving

Restful Webservice - page not found
answered 23-03-2017 02:19:27 -0400

Hi When I browse to the default restful webservice ( http://[server]:9090/denodo-restfulws/[database]/views/[viewname] I get a page error: The page you requested was not found. The page may no longer exist, or you may have typed the URL incorrectly. ...

Answers: 2

Some text fields are presented as null, although they contain value
answered 23-03-2017 00:40:11 -0400

The fields are imported as text type, which is, as I believe, the right way to do so. However, due to some reason, they return null to Denodo, although they contain value in the driver. Probably it is some limit Denodo puts over the data, or some mista...

datasource fields text

Aracne crawler proxy configuration
answered 22-03-2017 09:30:17 -0400

Hello, I am curious to know more about the proxy configuration settings of the Aracne crawler. I can see some information there on the Aracne administration guide, but it doesn't talk much about the need of it. I understand the use of proxy settings i...

proxy crawler Aracne

Question regarding join mechanism
answered 22-03-2017 09:18:46 -0400

When a VQL is being run, Denodo creates sub VQL queries in order to send them to different data sources according to the execution plan. while doing that it creates a query like select t0."time" as time automatically. However, while there is some kin...

joins vql