Q&A

You must sign in to ask a question. If you do not have an account, you can register here

We are excited to announce the availability of a new version of the Denodo Express 7.0 with new features and fixed issues starting in April 2018.

If you want to try it or if you want to migrate your current Denodo Express version you can download the brand new Denodo Express 7.0 at the Express home page in the Denodo Community

All joins are executed when creating Star Schema
answered 13-03-2017 21:27:54 -0400

Hi Team I am having a star schema with 1 fact and 5 Dimensions .I created a view and Checked the data through Denodo. If I pull form column from 1 Dimension and one fact measure only small query should be fired against the Database and give me result...

Answers: 3

DENODO join

Not able to load S3 file with HDFSCustomWrapper
answered 13-03-2017 12:04:37 -0400

Hi all: I am trying to load an csv file from AWS S3, but i get an access error. Access & SecrectKey are assigned and with grant read and access permissions. So, I have some doubts about if S3 file need to have any special config. File access i...

Answers: 1

HDFSCustomWrapper; S3

Kerberos connection to Hive server is throwing error
answered 13-03-2017 11:56:15 -0400

Have added following below entries in vdpadmin.bat file to be taken during java command: -Dsun.security.krb5.debug=true -Djavax.security.auth.useSubjectCredsOnly=false -Djava.security.krb5.conf=C:\utility\conf\krb5.ini -Djava.security.auth.login.confi...

Kerberos Hive JDBC Hive Hadoop krb5 keytab

Converting ORACLE Data Data Type to Integer in Denodo
answered 13-03-2017 10:42:30 -0400

Hi, I am using an ORACLE table as my data source and need to convert DATE data type to integer format (YYYYMMDD). I tried using the syntax below and getting an error in Denodo. CAST(CONVERT(VARCHAR(8), address_01_filtered.add_from, 112) AS INTEGER) ...

Answers: 2

Date Conversion Data Type Conversion

Safety
answered 13-03-2017 09:53:31 -0400

Hi team, We are exploring Denono Express and we like working with it! We would like to connect DE to our source systems but we work with sensitive data. Therefore we would like to know how safe it is to connect our sources to Denodo, to prevent any p...

Answers: 2

safety security

anyway to debug issues with using of generic JDBC
answered 13-03-2017 09:18:09 -0400

Hi, I fail to find any logs under denodo express installation. I've implemented some JDBC driver, and for some reason it seems to be stuck in a loop while I am trying to test-connection. If there was a way to get the error/warning/debug logging, it wo...

JDBC Data-Source

Need to convert an incoming date value of type Text to a type Date
answered 13-03-2017 08:54:06 -0400

I have a field called EFF_DATE in a Base View which of type TEXT which may or may not have a value in the field. If there is a value, it is in the format of 'yyyyMMdd'. I am creating a "Selection" Derived View which states that: If the incoming value o...

Date Conversion dateformat

Not able to shutdown denodo
answered 10-03-2017 09:19:18 -0500

Hi, I have installed Denodo Express in my laptop and it worked successfully yesterday. Today when I joined to different wifi and my laptop IP has changed, Denodo vqlserver is not working any more. When I was trying to shutdown, it gave me error as fol...

Denodo server starting trouble.

jdbc connection to denodo derived view fails for multi-table join
answered 10-03-2017 08:33:19 -0500

Hi, We are using squirrel sql client to test extracts for a UI. we can read base views and 2 table joins fine but 3 or more tables results in semanticexception error 10009, invalid table alias 't0'. the same query works fine in denodo client and the we...

hive; hadoop JDBC

Last One month Data from a table
answered 10-03-2017 07:19:08 -0500

Hello Team, I would like to fetch the data from a base View of last one month data. We have date column of format Sun Oct 09 00:00:00 PDT 2011 I really appreciate if you can provide me the function where i can use as where condition