Q&A

You must sign in to ask a question. If you do not have an account, you can register here

We are excited to announce the availability of a new version of the Denodo Express 7.0 with new features and fixed issues starting in April 2018.

If you want to try it or if you want to migrate your current Denodo Express version you can download the brand new Denodo Express 7.0 at the Express home page in the Denodo Community

Error when running import.sh script in Linux
answered 06-03-2017 06:25:05 -0500

I am trying to run the import.sh script (located on my RedHat Linux server directory "/app/denodo/denodo6.0/bin/") I have a VQL file and a Properties file. Here is the command I am trying to run ion the server: /app/denodo/denodo_6.0/bin/import.sh -su...

Answers: 1

import errors import

Denodo connection with Impala.
answered 06-03-2017 04:47:08 -0500

Currently Denodo supports Impala 2.3 version. We are at Impala 2.6.0, can we still use older Impala JDBC connection for newer version of Impala? Can we connect Denodo with Impala using generic JDBC connection?

Impala

Using JSON data source from file, when the root is array
answered 05-03-2017 04:48:34 -0500

Hi, I tried to use the JSON data source, when the root json type is array. Let's take for example a file containing the following data : [{"id" : 3, "name" : "xxx", "color" : "blue", "available" : false},{"id" : 13, "name" : "yyy", "color" : "green", ...

Answers: 2

JSON

View Parameters and Aggregation
answered 02-03-2017 08:54:39 -0500

I am fairly new to Denodo and I have read through the Advanced VQL and VDP Administration Guide but I am not able to resolve the following issue: Sample Base View For the sake of this issue, let's consider a base with student, months and rank. ...

Answers: 4

parameter derived view Aggregate

Error connecting to Hive on Server from my local Denodo
answered 02-03-2017 07:16:04 -0500

I am trying to connect to hive 1.2 which sits on a remote server. I am trying to connect from my local laptop. I am getting an error as : "Unable to establish connection: Could not establish connection to <> : java.net.ConnectException:Connection...

Hive Issue hive; hadoop

Encryption and Decryption in Denodo
answered 01-03-2017 08:38:32 -0500

We are preparing a ‘Solution Architecture’ for the following conflicting requirements. Requirement1: The data on cloud should always be ‘anonymized/encrypted’. Any encryption/decryption or anomymization should always be performed on premise.  is it p...

Related to: SSL connection from VDP to data sources

Security

Denodo connection with Cloudera Kudu
answered 01-03-2017 08:27:16 -0500

Hi Team , We would like to know that whether Denodo an pull the data from Cloudera Kudu? . It is a new storage option from Cloudera which sits between HDFS and Hbase with respect to random access and table scans. Regards, Ganesh Taware

Connectivity

Can denodo connect to Apache kudu ?
answered 01-03-2017 08:26:17 -0500

We have a requirement where in data is in Apache Kudu and we are planning to use Denodo in the virtualization Layer. I went to all the documentation available and couldn't find anything on Denodo integration with Apache Kudu ? Wanted to know if there i...

Running denodo in multiple servers
answered 01-03-2017 07:56:40 -0500

Hi, Currently we are running Denodo on a machine with very less RAM, and due to which we always face performance issue. So we are thinking to move Denodo Scheduler, monitoring tool to other machine so that we can leave more memory for VDP Admin tool. C...

Answers: 5

Admin tool DENODO Denodo Scheduler 6.0 denodo monitoring and diagnostic tool #LDAP-ServiceAccounts

Fetch plan of the query cache
answered 01-03-2017 06:59:24 -0500

Hello. I work with a cache for views. And faced with strange behavior. When I am disabled the cache for a view, the execution time amounted ~50ms. When I am enabled partial cache, the execution time amounted ~400ms. I need opportunities for fetching p...

Answers: 3

execution plan cache