Q&A

You must sign in to ask a question. If you do not have an account, you can register here

We are excited to announce the availability of a new version of the Denodo Express 7.0 with new features and fixed issues starting in April 2018.

If you want to try it or if you want to migrate your current Denodo Express version you can download the brand new Denodo Express 7.0 at the Express home page in the Denodo Community

Localization for RESTful web services
answered 02-02-2017 00:48:04 -0500

So you can specify a locale for your connection to Denodo via the admin tool and also within the 'Connect Settings' if you are querying via ODBC. Is there a way to specify a locale when using the out-of-the-box RESTful web services? Is there a defaul...

Answers: 1
Related to: Internationalization configuration and dates

i18n

"Ghost " associations
answered 31-01-2017 22:28:48 -0500

I created a fact view and a number of dimension views and the associations between them. I renamed the fact table ...... the associations disappeared. I thought Denodo would handle the renaming gracefully but it looked like the associations had been de...

Answers: 3

associations

Function 'current_setting' with arity 1 not found...
answered 31-01-2017 22:12:53 -0500

Hi all, we're trying to get Denodo and Informatica PowerCenter to talk. We have a simple SELECT..FROM query which runs correctly in the VQL shell, but when run from PowerCenter, it fails with the following error: "Function 'current_setting' with arity...

Informatica

Login / Password
answered 31-01-2017 05:17:42 -0500

Hi, I have installed Denodo express. I tried to login Virtual DataPort Administration Tool with login: admin and passwd: admin with server : //localhost:9999/admin, but unfortuanately it does not work. Could you please help me to resolve the issue? T...

LoginIssue

JVM options back to default
answered 31-01-2017 05:17:01 -0500

How to configure JVM options when using services. When using the Admin Tool Changes are going back to the default after starting denodo* services

JVM settings

Custom Aggregate Function with delegation to source database
answered 30-01-2017 23:43:07 -0500

Hi Team, While executing Custom Aggregate Function with delegation to source database in VQL, error "Finished with error: Invalid aggregate function '<function_name>(<field_name>)':null". Also if same patten is delegated by Custom Scalar F...

How to add a carriage return and / or new line into a string?
answered 30-01-2017 23:41:05 -0500

When creating a single String type field, what is the best way to insert new line or carraige return character? We are creating a new field that is a conctenation of multiple fields, but we also need to control where carraige returns are inserted to b...

Using MySQL and AD account for Denodo Cache
answered 30-01-2017 19:37:49 -0500

We are trying to use MySQL for Denodo Cache when we are configuring MySQL connection details in Denodo we are getting following error "Unable to establish connection Unknow error 1044" We are using AD/LDAP id create in MySQL database to connect from ...

Denodo_Mysql MYSQL_AD

Setting up Denodo MySQL connection for AD user
answered 30-01-2017 19:32:50 -0500

We are trying to use MySQL for Denodo Cache when we are configuring MySQL connection details in Denodo we are getting following error "Unable to establish connection Unknow error 1044" We are using AD/LDAP id create in MySQL database to connect from ...

Denodo_MySQL MySQL_AD

Connecting from Cognos 10.2.2 to Denodo VDP 5.5
answered 30-01-2017 09:52:09 -0500

Context: I have a Cognos report that connectis to VDP Oracle datasource (using connection pooling) which in turn execute queries against views that are underpinned by Oracle database procedures that then populate Oracle session tables. The Sessiosn tab...