Q&A

You must sign in to ask a question. If you do not have an account, you can register here

We are excited to announce the availability of a new version of the Denodo Express 7.0 with new features and fixed issues starting in April 2018.

If you want to try it or if you want to migrate your current Denodo Express version you can download the brand new Denodo Express 7.0 at the Express home page in the Denodo Community

timestamp issues
answered 25-01-2017 10:15:08 -0500

Denodo seems to miss some functions to deal with timestamps. Assume I map a data source to base view containing timestamp, and now I need to do joins based on date column from one data source and timestamp column from another. I would also expect that...

Answers: 1

ts

How to import a flat file from Linux server to VDP which is installed on Windows
answered 25-01-2017 05:18:39 -0500

Hi Team, I have Installed Denodo on my Windows Machine and and on Linux Server as well. I could able to connect from VDP to Linux server succefully. I like to know that how to import data sources like ( XML , EXCEL, Postgresql which are on Linux ser...

Related to: How to access to VDP from OBIEE via ODBC in Linux

Source Control

VQL Querying Folder/Database/Table information through JDBC
answered 25-01-2017 04:59:43 -0500

is it possible that I VQL query from external application using JDBC to find Folder name which contains a given view/data source name? Also is it possible to VQL query from external application using JDBC to find the database name of a given data sour...

VQL JDBC

Denodo performance when Cache Mode is Partial
answered 24-01-2017 23:48:50 -0500

Hi Team, I am quite impress with denodo performance when Cache is in Partial mode ( Match exact queries only ) . Bellow is my understanding : 1) On first run it fetch data from Data Sources 2) On next run if same kind of queries are executed and if ...

performance

Joining to Cache
answered 24-01-2017 23:23:28 -0500

I found when joining to a cached view performance is slow probably due to network latency, I decided to move the cache into my EDW to see if performance would improve. It did marginally but Denodo didn't recognize that the Cache and the data I was join...

cache

Text columns accessing denodo coming as null
answered 23-01-2017 12:07:14 -0500

Hi Team Using Denodo 5.5 and database as Amazon reshift.Iam facing strange issue where in querying the data from AWS DB shows me the data But when I create base views in Denodo 5.5 and access the data I see null values in all text fields.Checked for ...

Dendo 5.5 null

Connecting VDP from entity framework sample application
answered 23-01-2017 07:23:22 -0500

Just follow up question to my previuos query (https://community.denodo.com/answers/question/details?questionId=90670000000XclGAAS&title=Entityframework+connecting+to+VDP+ms+sql). As suggested,I tried connecting entity framework application to denod...

c# Entity Framework MSSQL

Issue with sql server connector
answered 22-01-2017 09:10:55 -0500

I've an instance of sql2016 enterprise. Althoung I do not see a connector for this specific version, I am working with sql server 2014, which seems to be good enough. However, I started noting that for some reason the amount of time it takes to run thi...

Answers: 2

sqlserver mssql performance

Unable to connect to VDP
answered 20-01-2017 07:42:51 -0500

I recently installed Denodo Express and when I tried to connect as per the instructions, I see error : "connection error: Connection refused: connect" when I enter the username and password. any help? Thank you

Using NOLOCK hint in VQL Select statement
answered 20-01-2017 05:51:47 -0500

Is it possible to use NOLOCK hint in select statement on SQL Source

VQL Sql performance SQL Server