Q&A

You must sign in to ask a question. If you do not have an account, you can register here

We are excited to announce the availability of a new version of the Denodo Express 7.0 with new features and fixed issues starting in April 2018.

If you want to try it or if you want to migrate your current Denodo Express version you can download the brand new Denodo Express 7.0 at the Express home page in the Denodo Community

HIVE-JDBC Connection Error
answered 31-03-2017 21:18:41 -0400

Unable to establish connection: Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri: jdbc:hive2://172.16.253.241:10001/default: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect Using: org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver Hive 2.0.0 (adapter) -- Loki

Answers: 1

INSERT/UPDATE HIVE tables using Hive Connect adapter
answered 31-03-2017 17:07:08 -0400

Do you have any documentation about the Hive connector adapter inside Denodo ? Does it produce Map/Reduce jobs or use Spark Compiler to connect with Hadoop echosystem ? -- Loki

Answers: 3

Scheduler - Jobs
answered 31-03-2017 16:29:46 -0400

In Scheduler project has multiple jobs, i want to export only one job . is it possible , how?

Scheduler

Automatically Updating Column Names
answered 31-03-2017 10:43:31 -0400

So, we have the following layers that we have built in Denodo: [[BOTTOM]] --Base views (tables from data source) --Derived views (again, the tables) --Combined views (formatted tables) --Service views (tables rearranged to data objects) --REST Web Ser...

Answers: 2

VQL automate

Unable to see tables VDP when connecting to a SQL Server
answered 31-03-2017 09:42:22 -0400

I'm currently able to connect to SQL server databases in my environement using the JDBC connector, when I want to create base views I expand the data source where it's only displaying SQL security roles and not any orther objects like tables and views ...

Answers: 2

base view JDBC Data Sources SQL Server

Assign Role privileges to a Web Service in a Folder
answered 31-03-2017 07:35:12 -0400

Please let me know how I can grant privileges on a WebService in a Virtual Database (VDB). I am able to assign privileges any View in the VDB, but not a Web Service in that same VDB.

Role and User Management Web Service

Field expressions guide
answered 30-03-2017 06:53:24 -0400

I'm trying to find a good guide on writing field expressions for new fields in derived views. I've looked through the admin, developer and advanced VQL guide and still can't find what I'm looking for. What I basically want to do is create a new field ...

Answers: 4

Expression derived view Regular Expressions

How to setup a Distributed Cache in Denodo?
answered 29-03-2017 17:15:04 -0400

Cache setup in a distributed environment? Does it allow colocated distributed cache join Operations ? Does it allow non-colocated distributed cache Join Operations ? Can we combine implementation Views/Distributed Views spread across multiple Data Cent...

Connection with an OutSystems database
answered 29-03-2017 08:56:41 -0400

Hi team! We've succesfully made a connection between a OutSystems database and Denodo. OutSystems creates databases and tablenames automatically and works with a metadata layer. There is a metadata table which contains the metadata and the active tabl...

Answers: 3

OutSystems Connection

Code Migration activity from one environment(DEV) to another environment(QA) using import/export.
answered 29-03-2017 06:43:40 -0400

Team, Log is generated for specific vql which we imported, but if i want to find out 10 day's back which vql was imported and what was the error? do you maintain any import history? Thanks DP

#export-importerrors