Q&A

You must sign in to ask a question. If you do not have an account, you can register here

We are excited to announce the availability of a new version of the Denodo Express 7.0 with new features and fixed issues starting in April 2018.

If you want to try it or if you want to migrate your current Denodo Express version you can download the brand new Denodo Express 7.0 at the Express home page in the Denodo Community

Blob Data Type in Denodo 6
answered 21-12-2016 06:16:57 -0500

Hi support Quick question... We have a few tables that were brought in from Oracle, which have blob (autodetect) fields. I did some reading and it looks like I can still use them in a join condition, pending they are of "varbinary" type (which they ar...

Answers: 1

blob oracle database connection

Denodo Function Executing VQL
answered 21-12-2016 04:56:20 -0500

Hi, Is it possible for a custom Denodo Function to execute a vql statement? I am trying to insert something like this into my function: ResultSet resultSet = getEnvironment().executeQuery(query, params); Thanks!

Answers: 3

VQL Custom Functions

Query Lineage information
answered 20-12-2016 11:10:43 -0500

We are trying to find lineage information of a denodo view from external system. While searching I found the query command "DESC" which produces the queries used to create the view and much more related information. Are there any other cammands that we...

Answers: 3

Lineage

Identify views/roles on which custom policy is applied
answered 20-12-2016 10:13:27 -0500

I have created a custom policy and have asked our denodo administrator to apply them on few roles and views. I would like to verify those details (since I do not rights to apply custom policies). Is there a stored procedure or function which will allow...

custom policy list dependencies

Unable to rename a derived view
answered 20-12-2016 08:05:23 -0500

Hi, I am trying to rename a derived view "06_derived" to "05_derived" but im unable to do so howeveve im able to rename it with other name like "07_derived" etc.... Please let me know what can be the issue not much info on logs

Answers: 2

view derived view

Regarding Cloudera (5.4.2) version Hive connectivity Issue with Denodo
answered 19-12-2016 11:31:51 -0500

Hi Team, I have been doing Big Data Denodo Tutorials and am facing challenge while doing Connecting to Apache hive. My organisation is currently considering of using Denodo for Data Virtualization. I need advise to solve below - Summarizing details b...

Does VDBJDBCDriver support type_scroll_insensitive
answered 19-12-2016 08:03:11 -0500

Hi, I wanted to know whether the latest com.denodo.vdb.jdbcdriver.VDBJDBCDriver driver supports type_scroll_insensitive. Thanks in advance Amogha

type_scroll_insensitive JDBC resultset

com.denodo.vdb.jdbcdriver.VDBJDBCDriver does not support type_scroll_insensitive ResultSet .
answered 19-12-2016 08:00:15 -0500

com.denodo.vdb.jdbcdriver.VDBJDBCDriver does not support type_scroll_insensitive ResultSet . I have application that requires ResultSet to transverse back using resultSet.previous(); . but as com.denodo.vdb.jdbcdriver.VDBJDBCDriver only supports type_...

Answers: 7

type_scroll_insensitive JDBC resultset

How do we increase Web Service body buffer limit?
answered 15-12-2016 11:34:42 -0500

I am getting following error. How do we increase body buffer limit? {"fault":{"faultstring":"Body buffer overflow","detail":{"errorcode":"protocol.http.TooBigBody"}}} Denodo 6.0 With latest update on linux

Web Service

multiple joins lead to nesting behavior
answered 15-12-2016 05:37:48 -0500

Best practice in de model-desinger for building multiple joins from one driving table (A), it is going to nest joins. From one driving table two LEFT JOIN's (B, C) and normal joins (A+D) always result in some nesting behavior. Should this be put in as ...

Related to: Denodo Query Optimizations for the Logical Data Warehouse

join