Q&A

You must sign in to ask a question. If you do not have an account, you can register here

We are excited to announce the availability of a new version of the Denodo Express 7.0 with new features and fixed issues starting in April 2018.

If you want to try it or if you want to migrate your current Denodo Express version you can download the brand new Denodo Express 7.0 at the Express home page in the Denodo Community

Monitor Log Column Headers
answered 14-12-2016 12:19:13 -0500

Is there any configuration option available to always log Denodo Monitor columns for each file and not just when monitoring started? For example, in vdp-queries.log, the following lines show an example of the tab-separated header values however it isn...

Answers: 1
Related to: Log column details

Start a scheduler job from a batch file
answered 14-12-2016 06:00:42 -0500

Is it possible to automate the starting of a scheduler job from a batch file? We have a deployment where we need to re-run cache loading jobs following a deployment, and I would like to include this in my deployment script so we don't forget to run the...

scheduler

Can we install Denodo on Unix/Linux and later it can be refer by Multiple User ?
answered 13-12-2016 15:57:05 -0500

Hi Team , I would like to know that 1) Can we install Dendod Express Version on Unix/Linux ? If yes can you please guide me ? 2) Also Can we able to create Multiple Userse on Unix/Linux ? For Example : Lets say I have installed Dendod on XYZ server ...

new installation

Can denodo Support to recursive queries ?
answered 13-12-2016 14:02:31 -0500

Hi Experts, We have below requiremnet : Transaction records are available in multiple source systems and recursive query is needed to create unified transaction record. Hence There are multiple scenarios besides this where recursive feature is needed...

Denodo, Tableau and Mac?
answered 12-12-2016 19:09:35 -0500

I need to be able to conenct to Denodo from a Mac. Not a virtual machine, but Mac talbeau. When can we expect an ODBC driver for Mac and Denodo, and integreation with Tableau? Thanks, Allan

mac tableau

connecting to HBase and creating a data source in Denodo
answered 12-12-2016 07:14:10 -0500

I have Hadoop-2.6-cdh5.8 psuedomode installed on my Ubunntu syatem. I have Installed Denodo Platform and HBase2.0.0. I read that we can connect to HBase and create a data source but did not find anything on how to do it.

Can you help me know about how to use a custom data source in custom function?
answered 12-12-2016 06:57:39 -0500

I want to connect with an external system which I plan to connect using a Custom Wrapper to use pass through credentials. The external system exposes some functionalities which I want to use as Custom Functions. How can I use a Custom Wrapper in Cust...

Custom Functions custom wrapper custom data source

Document on Resource Manager
answered 12-12-2016 05:54:07 -0500

Hi, Can you please share the link where i can find the documents on Resource manager so that i can lear more about it

Answers: 7

resource manager

Scheduler Trigger
answered 09-12-2016 12:07:35 -0500

I have jobs 1-10 and dependencies are in that order, when i manually trigger job1, all the dependents should follow. so i have , job2-dependant on job1, job3-dependant on job2 job4 on job3...and so on. so when i trigger job1 , all others should follow...

#Scheduler

No search methods ready to be run. The following fields are obligatory in the view
answered 09-12-2016 10:34:13 -0500

I have exported VIEWS from my dev Denodo and tried to import that to my local. It got imported successfully. But when I am executing the VIEWs, it is throwing me below error: Finished with error: No search methods ready to be run. The following fields...

VQL import vql import export