Q&A

You must sign in to ask a question. If you do not have an account, you can register here

We are excited to announce the availability of a new version of the Denodo Express 7.0 with new features and fixed issues starting in November 2018.

If you want to try it or if you want to migrate your current Denodo Express version you can download the brand new Denodo Express 7.0 at the Express home page in the Denodo Community.

In addition, if you want to enjoy the Denodo experience you can run one of our Test Drives.

Calculating working day difference between two dates.
answered 19-05-2017 08:40:18 -0400

Hi Everyone, I have a requirement to calculate difference in date (Start vs End) while taking off the weekends and holidays. I have one view for the Start and End date details and another view for the Holiday Calendar. How do I calculate the difference...

Answers: 1

Function Custom Functions

Denodo MongoDB Base Base View Creation
answered 19-05-2017 08:05:14 -0400

HI Team, I'm trying to create base view from a mongodb datasource using Connection String(host:port/database) and Collection fields as wrapper parameter values but I'm facing the error "There was an error while creating this base view: Error while exec...

mongodb

DATA TYPES
answered 19-05-2017 07:57:46 -0400

For the NUMERIC data type how is scale and precision set, is there a default value or is it set by the user ? Also there max or min values for the criterias ? For the VARCHAR data type how is max_length set, is there a default value or is it set by th...

How to change the Field type from Text to Date
answered 19-05-2017 06:13:56 -0400

Hi, I have a field having fieldtype as Date in base table in the format of "Wed May 17 00:00:00 IST 2017". But the timestamp it is showing is not correct. So when I tried to change it to get the correct timestamp, I tried using formatdate('MMM-dd-yyyy ...

Cold-Backup activation
answered 19-05-2017 05:14:27 -0400

I understand that we can use a license for a cold-backup server for free. In that case, is the cold-backup license activated with IP adress like production server licenses? Kind regards,

License

Need to use DataSource as excel and have the capability to edit it. Is it possible in Denodo?
answered 19-05-2017 05:07:35 -0400

I have requirement where i need to configure excel as data source and edit it to add/update/delete some rows from it as needed. is it possible in Denodo?

#datasources

Supported structures and queries
answered 18-05-2017 09:07:09 -0400

Question 1: I am not being able to use "NOT NULL", "NULL" or "NOT" in the create statement for a materialized table. Is this beacuse denodo does not support this ? If this can be done can you send me an example to go by ? Question 2: I am trying to do...

How to store password authentication and re-utilize again and again
answered 18-05-2017 08:32:39 -0400

Hi Team, I am connectining VDP with multiple data source in Linux. My data source are csv file , xml file and excel sheet While connecting I am using below SFTP method to connect sftp://10.223.66.228///home/denodo_admin/data_files/Client.csv sftp...

automation

Where can I find the VQL for the following action in Denodo: Server Configuration menu --> Cache --> Cache Status = ON
answered 18-05-2017 08:21:19 -0400

Where can I find the VQL for the following action in Denodo: Server Configuration menu --> Cache --> Cache Status = ON? I need to create the VQL to turn ON the cache database's status to ON. Denodo allows this using mouse-click operations (Serve...

Denodo Metadata store and checking in and checkout across different user
answered 18-05-2017 03:26:01 -0400

Hi Team, I am glad to know regarding below things in denodo. I have installed denodo on Linux Server and GUI on Windows Machine. I can able to access Flat files, DB source , and Web Services from Linux server trhough GUI . I have created sample fol...

Answers: 3

metadata store