Q&A

You must sign in to ask a question. If you do not have an account, you can register here

We are excited to announce the availability of a new version of the Denodo Express 7.0 with new features and fixed issues starting in April 2018.

If you want to try it or if you want to migrate your current Denodo Express version you can download the brand new Denodo Express 7.0 at the Express home page in the Denodo Community

For Excel data source, sheet_name = 'sheet_name'?
answered 21-11-2016 16:11:39 -0500

When using an Excel workbook with multiple sheets, and specifying that data on all sheets should be returned as well as a column that contains the name of the sheet, some rows are being returned with the sheet_name as 'sheet_name' instead of the name o...

Answers: 1

Excel

Why Denodo services are going down frequently in linux box? Can any one provide the script for automation to get an alert when the denodo services are goes down?
answered 21-11-2016 05:39:15 -0500

Why Denodo services are going down frequently in Linux box? Can any one provide the script for linux automation to get an alert when the denodo services are goes down. or script for automation to check for every 5 minutes the denodo services are in sta...

Why Denodo services are going down frequently in linux box? Can any one provide the script for automation to get an alert when the denodo services are goes down?
answered 21-11-2016 05:24:25 -0500

Why Denodo services are going down frequently in Linux box? Can any one provide the script for linux automation to get an alert when the denodo services are goes down. or script for automation to check for every 5 minutes the denodo services are in sta...

Multiple Cache databases in one Denodo Server
answered 18-11-2016 20:55:11 -0500

Would like to find out if we can create multiple Cache databases within one Denodo server: Admin, Virtual Database1, Virtual Database2, Virtual Database4: uses a MySQL Cache database DB1 Virtual Database3: uses a MySQL Cache database DB2 Virtu...

cache

How to connect Cognos 10.2 use ODBC?
answered 18-11-2016 16:07:24 -0500

Cognos 10.2.1 didn't support denodo 6.0 JDBC, is there way to connect it via ODBC?

Answers: 2
Related to: Connecting to VDP from Cognos through ODBC

Mask password in an User Defined Function (UDF)
answered 18-11-2016 08:26:16 -0500

I need to connect to an external system in a User Defined Function (UDF) for data processing and require the user to provide the password as one of the arguments in UDF. Is there a way to mask the password provided by the user?

UDF Password User Defined Function

Integrate user credentials in UDF
answered 18-11-2016 07:32:47 -0500

I need to connect to an external system in an UDF. Is there a way to get the credentials of user querying UDF so that the same can be user to connect to an external system?

UDF Role and User Management User Defined Function

Restrict UDF to WHERE CLAUSE Only
answered 18-11-2016 06:11:15 -0500

Is there a way to apply a restriction on UDF such that it can only be executed in a WHERE Clause, and not at any other place. For example, SELECT UDF(123) FROM DUAL(); ---> It should be invalid SELECT * FROM <TableName> WHERE UDF(COLUMN1) = ...

UDF WHERE CONDITIONS User Defined Function

How can we import particular VIEW stats script using scheduler?
answered 17-11-2016 06:53:44 -0500

I have some statistics which will remain same across period but my new migration will cause removal of stats (not moving stats in migration). I need to create one scheduler job which will apply avaialble stats. How can we achieve this? Please help.

Denodo Scheduler 6.0