Q&A

You must sign in to ask a question. If you do not have an account, you can register here

We are excited to announce the availability of a new version of the Denodo Express 7.0 with new features and fixed issues starting in April 2018.

If you want to try it or if you want to migrate your current Denodo Express version you can download the brand new Denodo Express 7.0 at the Express home page in the Denodo Community

Connection With Tableau
answered 13-10-2016 09:27:11 -0400

Hi Team, I have create a SIngel View in denodo . I have alos installed express edition of Tableu on my desktop. How to connect Tableu with Denodo and respresnt a Single view as report? Please guide.

Answers: 1
Related to: Advanced VQL Guide

denodo with tableau

License issue in free version
answered 13-10-2016 07:13:58 -0400

Hi, I have installed a trial version of the software, then it was asking for license when i open the application. I did provide the license from the trial version, now it is asking to 'restart the server and tools' , how can i do this please help. I ...

Answers: 2

How to store date "Sep 28 2016", without the timestamp and without a timezone at the end? ( to_date fails to use timestamp parameter)
answered 13-10-2016 04:12:11 -0400

I have a column named 'new_date' and i am trying to convert this column into a date format using "to_date" function. The value of new_date is a string for example "Sep 28 2016" I am converting this as, SELECT TO_DATE('MMM dd yy',new_date,0),new_da...

How to Save Image without having to navigate to the Images URL
answered 12-10-2016 16:46:22 -0400

Hello, I am trying to save an image from a page without needing to Navigate to the Image URL. Every time I navigate to the image URL the image changes. When I attempt to scrape the page using the 'Click And' function and then select "Save" to save the...

help extract issue denodo error Image no refresh

How to store date "Sep 28 2016", without the timestamp and without a timezone at the end? ( to_date fails to use timestamp parameter)
answered 12-10-2016 16:05:41 -0400

I have a column named 'new_date' and i am trying to convert this column into a date format using "to_date" function. The value of new_date is a string for example "Sep 28 2016" I am converting this as, SELECT TO_DATE('MMM dd yy',new_date,0),new_da...

Answers: 3

Is it possible to change the web service URL? instead if "server", we have "denodo"
answered 12-10-2016 14:11:11 -0400

As a typical Denodo hosted web service is represented by <http/https>://<server_name>:<port>/server/<vdbname>/views/<viewname> Can we make change to the URL such that instead of "server" we have "denodo", as follows &l...

URL Web Service

VDP client is not opening
answered 11-10-2016 12:33:38 -0400

Hi, VDP client(Virtual Dataport Administration Tool - Started) is not opening eventhough VDP Server is running. I could connect the to same vdp server from other host but from the same server instance of vdp client is not opening by which I could logi...

Answers: 3

Spotfire with LB
answered 11-10-2016 06:52:31 -0400

Hi Support, Have you seen any issues when using a clsuter of Denodo servers behind a load balancer, with Spotfire? When we request data from our AWS Load Balancer thorugh ODBC, Spotfire runs the queries and it seems as though the results are coming ba...

Related to: Connecting to Denodo from Tibco Spotfire

spotfire

Use loop in Denodo scheduler jobs
answered 10-10-2016 14:48:08 -0400

Hi, I want to use loop in denodo scheduler to dunamically fatch more then 100 fields from a view. I am wondereing, if this is possible with Denodo scheduler? if no, Is there any other way to fatch all fields dunamically from a view through scheduler wi...

Answers: 6

Unable to start Virtual Data Port
answered 10-10-2016 04:57:20 -0400

I have installed Denodo 6.0 and followed the recomended procedure, but after instalation i um unable to click on Virtual Data Port.As the only option available is custom, others are disabled. I have tried to run vqlserver_startup.bat through command pr...

VDP Virtual DataPort