Q&A

You must sign in to ask a question. If you do not have an account, you can register here

We are excited to announce the availability of a new version of the Denodo Express 7.0 with new features and fixed issues starting in April 2018.

If you want to try it or if you want to migrate your current Denodo Express version you can download the brand new Denodo Express 7.0 at the Express home page in the Denodo Community

How to backup Denodo server installation prior to installing an Update.
answered 13-09-2016 07:08:48 -0400

We are looking to rollout the Update from Sep 05. Since we cannot back-down the patch, what is the best method to backup the environment prior to installing the patch? Can we just backup the DENODO_HOME directory structure? Is Metadata at risk if we ...

Answers: 1

pre-requisites/best-practices for Denodo update rollout
answered 13-09-2016 07:04:54 -0400

We received notification of the Denodo update from Sep 5. Is there a best-practice guide on to rollout these updates? Is it best to update the server environments first or the clients? Does the jar CLI on the server apply all the appropriate updates ...

License Issue
answered 13-09-2016 05:38:05 -0400

**Hi Actually I am just starting this technology.I have correctly Installed everything. But still I am finding some features are not allowed with this license.Such as User role management in Administration tab. Please let me know what kind of license I...

Answers: 3

denodo 6.0

INERT, UPDATE, DELETE operations from Denodo
answered 13-09-2016 05:11:01 -0400

I can see there is mention of DML operation syntax in VQL guide. May I know how can we use it? I know we can set properties at data source level to allow INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE but wondering how can we use mentioned script from Denodo tool. What I am t...

denodo 6.0

Denodo Express with Teradata
answered 12-09-2016 15:25:21 -0400

Can I use Denodo Express 6.0 with Teradata? Thanks.

Getting Error "Unable to establish connection: com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver"
answered 12-09-2016 12:07:35 -0400

I have been trying to connect to a DB2 10 database using the JDBC connection.I have verified the path, test expression and username/password information. We were successful in using the same information to connect via Java program. What else could be c...

DB2 10 JDBC

error in using join
answered 12-09-2016 11:40:00 -0400

I created a view it is working fine then i created a new view from previous one using group by this view is also working fine but when i join these two views it is giving error there are two fields where the error is coming if i remove that two fields ...

join

Web Service deployment scenario
answered 12-09-2016 07:46:04 -0400

I am working in an organization which has its own intranet configured by third party.I have made a REST service in denodo express which can be easily viewed by any other employees.There is no issues in this.Now I want my web service to be access by som...

intranet denodo express extranet Web servie

Invalid characters in new login
answered 12-09-2016 07:39:34 -0400

We'd like to add new users based on existing LDAP users but it appears that we won't be able to create logins with periods in the name. Is that accurate? Is there any way to have either periods or hypens in a login name?

error
answered 12-09-2016 06:22:28 -0400

when i create a view through query with parameter it is giving error but that query is running in database and i think error :- "unknown column 'C001' in where clause" is Invalid . query :- (select * from department where deptno=@input) please tell me ...

Error creating view through query