Q&A

You must sign in to ask a question. If you do not have an account, you can register here

We are excited to announce the availability of a new version of the Denodo Express 7.0 with new features and fixed issues starting in April 2018.

If you want to try it or if you want to migrate your current Denodo Express version you can download the brand new Denodo Express 7.0 at the Express home page in the Denodo Community

Trouble using Denodo to query Active Directory group membership
answered 06-07-2016 12:53:05 -0400

Good morning! I am presently trying to use Denodo 6 to pull down membership in an Active Directory group. However, I am running into a challenge bringing any results back at all, and the error message is confusing me a bit. Here's how far I have gott...

Answers: 1

MySQL Stored Procedures
answered 06-07-2016 08:13:55 -0400

Hi, Is it possible to bring in a MySQL stored procedure as a view and pass it parameters? I am unable to see Stored Procedures as an option when creating base views. It only shows Tables under the database. Thanks!

Use Custom Stored Procedure to connect to a VDP Data Source
answered 06-07-2016 07:05:02 -0400

Hi, Is it possible to write a custom stored procedure in java, that uses the connection of one of the VDP data sources? For example, have the java stored procedure run a query on an object that doesnt exist as a base view in Denodo? Thanks!

data sources Stored Procedures connection

Documentation on Denodo .jar files
answered 06-07-2016 06:55:24 -0400

Hi, Are there any documents on how to use the classes contained in the denodo jar files? All I have been able to find is in the denodo home docs location. It doesn't contain documentation on all of the denodo libraries. Thanks!

Denodo Jar

Error: Could not find or load main class com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.client.tools.Import
answered 05-07-2016 11:51:25 -0400

Problem: When I extract $DENODO_HOME/tools/db/denodo-db-tools.tar.gz from my Denodo 6 server onto my Denodo 5 server, and then I run: $ ./import.sh I get this error: Error: Could not find or load main class com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.client.to...

Answers: 2

import errors

How to create a views from database table?
answered 05-07-2016 11:34:53 -0400

Hi denodo guys, I want to know how to create views and start with queries on them. Before this i need some more information about data source i.e., How to connect a Microsoft sql server database from this data source and after that ...

view VDP

Connection often timeout
answered 30-06-2016 07:30:37 -0400

we have to use denodo connect the oracle db to retrieve some data. but recently, we find the connection often occur timeout. we checked the interaction between 2 servers and it's ok. sometimes, i open a admin tool to run some sql demo in the denodo ser...

QUERY_TIMEOUT

Sybase 15.7 with uid/pwd encryption on connection
answered 28-06-2016 21:56:29 -0400

Hi. We have a Sybase 15.7 Server/Database that requires uid/pwd encryption on connection. Can we use Denodo to connect to it? I tried to use the Sybase 15 Database adapter but fails on connection because the server requires encryption. I also tried add...

Sybase

ORM
answered 28-06-2016 16:02:05 -0400

Thank you team, we are able to use MySQL dialect to read from Denodo using Hibernate. Per our use case - we are just using Denodo to be a Read Only Source. In this scenario - would you recommend JDBC route with hibernate? Do you see any trade-offs we w...

Hibernate
answered 28-06-2016 16:01:32 -0400

Hello, There is a usecase to read data from Denodo using Hibrnate. It's just a read only case, where we just want to pull data from Denodo to a client java application using Hibernate. Is there a hibernate Dialect which can be used for this. Do we kno...

Answers: 3