Q&A

You must sign in to ask a question. If you do not have an account, you can register here

We are excited to announce the availability of a new version of the Denodo Express 7.0 with new features and fixed issues starting in November 2018.

If you want to try it or if you want to migrate your current Denodo Express version you can download the brand new Denodo Express 7.0 at the Express home page in the Denodo Community.

In addition, if you want to enjoy the Denodo experience you can run one of our Test Drives.

Require access to old Denodo Express v5.5 server
answered 23-03-2017 09:22:42 -0400

Hi. We did a POC about a year ago using Denodo express 5.5. We want to review what we did but the license has expired. The version 6.0 express license does not work with version 5.5 and I cannot export the database unless I can access version 5.5 aga...

Answers: 2

Extracting the metadata from an expired Denodo Express 5.5
answered 23-03-2017 08:47:24 -0400

Hi ! We have purchased and installed Denodo 6.0 (Platform, full version) in DEV. We have an old installation of Denodo Express 5.5 on another server with an expired license. Is any way to get the metadata from Denodo Express 5.5 into Denodo 6.0 ? Thank...

Answers: 1

Reviving

Some text fields are presented as null, although they contain value
answered 23-03-2017 00:40:11 -0400

The fields are imported as text type, which is, as I believe, the right way to do so. However, due to some reason, they return null to Denodo, although they contain value in the driver. Probably it is some limit Denodo puts over the data, or some mista...

datasource fields text

Aracne crawler proxy configuration
answered 22-03-2017 09:30:17 -0400

Hello, I am curious to know more about the proxy configuration settings of the Aracne crawler. I can see some information there on the Aracne administration guide, but it doesn't talk much about the need of it. I understand the use of proxy settings i...

proxy crawler Aracne

Question regarding join mechanism
answered 22-03-2017 09:18:46 -0400

When a VQL is being run, Denodo creates sub VQL queries in order to send them to different data sources according to the execution plan. while doing that it creates a query like select t0."time" as time automatically. However, while there is some kin...

joins vql

Run the Import.sh script without implicitly stating the Username and Password
answered 22-03-2017 08:03:28 -0400

I am calling the "import.sh" script inside a Linux (bash) shell script. In normal circumstances we supply the username and password as part of the parameters (the USERNAME and PASSWD values) import.sh -su -f $VQL_FILE_HOME/$FN_NAME.vql -pf $CONFIG_FIL...

import vql import

Error while trying to gather stats
answered 21-03-2017 11:42:39 -0400

I keep getting error, on any jdbc while trying to gather stats manually. I am getting the error : Error executing query. total time ... Query [VIRTUAL] [ERROR] when looking into the logs, I get : com.denodo.vdb.engine.storedprocedure.jdbc.QueryResultS...

Statistics

Automated deployment - Code promotion using TFS2015
answered 21-03-2017 10:41:00 -0400

We would like to auto-deploy our Denodo code between different enviornments using TFS2015. Has anyone done the following for deployment using TFS 2015 1) Downloading the latest database artifacts fron TFS 2) Creating the export script 3) Importing the ...

deploy

Denodo integrate with Git
answered 21-03-2017 10:18:56 -0400

Hi, Is there any documentation on how to integrate Git with Denodo platform? Thanks.

Using VDP Exporting a WebService using only specific Web service resources produces no Properties file
answered 21-03-2017 09:36:21 -0400

Using the VDP tool, when I attempt to export a Web Service and I want to export only specific Web service resources of that Web Service --> a Properties file is not being created. However in the VQL that is generated, I get the Header line stating: ...

export Web Service