Q&A

You must sign in to ask a question. If you do not have an account, you can register here

We are excited to announce the availability of a new version of the Denodo Express 7.0 with new features and fixed issues starting in April 2018.

If you want to try it or if you want to migrate your current Denodo Express version you can download the brand new Denodo Express 7.0 at the Express home page in the Denodo Community

Account Used to Connect to an Excel Datasource
answered 20-05-2016 06:36:55 -0400

When an Excel datasource is created, what domain account does Denodo use to connect to the Excel spreadsheet on a network file share?

Answers: 1

Excel datasource domain account

Model Bridge too
answered 18-05-2016 06:49:50 -0400

Hi there, I installed Model Bridge and when trying to connect to server which has version 6.0, I get the error below: "ERROR DenodoService:75 - Error refreshing Denodo server java.sql.SQLException: error unmarshalling return; nested exception is: java...

Answers: 3

denodo 6.0 Model Bridge

Base View Creation From Outside VDP
answered 17-05-2016 22:21:30 -0400

Hi All, We have a different business requirements where the business wants the bas views created automatically after data load is completed. we need to understand if there is any way we can create base views out side of VDP. share your inputs pleas...

VDP

Delegate LIMIT to Spark through JDBC
answered 17-05-2016 15:34:45 -0400

Hi, We use denodo on top of Spark through JDBC. We have some derived views built on top of some big tables. We would like to limit the number of records a user can query based off of this view automatically rather than user specifying LIMIT clause. ...

Delegate JDBC Spark

Stored Procedure
answered 17-05-2016 13:40:04 -0400

I have a Stored Procedure in Oracle database.How can i import a Stored Procedure from Oracle DB to Denodo tool ? I don't have any Jar files related to that stored Procedure.

catch clean
answered 16-05-2016 11:10:42 -0400

Ran this query from web scheduler tool " call clean_cache_database('DataBase') " . Getting error mesage: Error deleting content for database DataBase :ORA-00904: "EXPIRATIONDATE": invalid identifier. Please helpus to resolve the same. Oracle 11g db.

Cache PARTIAL
answered 13-05-2016 16:30:17 -0400

1st time Cache build with 50records - PARTIAL option alone. 2nd run same Query with PARTIAL & Match exact queries only options.. Cache again loaded with 50 records. After two runs cache count is 100. What is use of Match exact queries only option (...

Connecting using Denodo ODBC drivers from Tableau won't work but using native Postgre drivers do.
answered 12-05-2016 21:39:32 -0400

Hi, So we are evaluating Denodo using the Express edition. I have set up a couple of csv files data sources in Denodo. In Tableau Server we've installed the Denodo ODBC drivers and set up the DSN. In the client machine we've also done the same. Testi...

Capture Webservice Log
answered 11-05-2016 13:05:17 -0400

Hi, My objective is to capture the webserive authication log. Once the service is authenticated I am able to capture that from the tomcat.log. However I am not able to get information if the request is not authenticated. I want to log these authenticat...

Answers: 4

Web Service

Using search in Denodo 6 Self Service Tool, get "No permissions" error.
answered 11-05-2016 12:11:16 -0400

I have set up and created a search index for a base view in a VDB in Denodo 6 using the scheduler and the ARN admin interface, and added that index to the the search configuration in the Self Service Tool (with a success message "Directory Index Saved ...

Answers: 3