You can translate the question and the replies:

query timeout after certain input values.

Hi , I have a 3 way joined view - 1 impala source , 2 azure sources , which is supposed to accept input parameters at runtime , if i enter input values more than 30 , it starts giving me this query timeout error message . [JDBC ROUTE] [CONNECTION_ERROR] Unexpected error creating a connection: Timeout waiting for idle object Received exception with message 'Timeout waiting for idle object' This error is resolved when i increase the number of active connections in the "connection pool configuration" from 20 (deafult) to 60. I want to understand is there a connection between the query time out error and the value of number of active connections? Is there any other way also instead to increasing the number of connections to resolve this query timeout issue?
user
01-12-2022 02:51:18 -0500
code

1 Answer

Hi In general the error ‘Timeout waiting for idle object’ usually occurs when the number of active connections in the connection pool is full. For instance, there are 20 active connections in the connection pool which is the default number set in the connection pool configuration and if a new connection is requested it waits for a configured amount of time, then fails with this error. In order to resolve this I could increase the maximum number of active connections in the ‘Connection Pool Configuration’ of the data sources. In your case, you have increased this to 60 which is a relevant solution for this problem. However, you could also make use of the ‘maxWait’ property to increase the time value in the VDBConfiguration.properties which is located at ‘<DENODO_HOME>/conf/vdp’. For instance: **com.denodo.vdb.misc.datasource.JDBCDataSource.pool.maxWait=40000** This property will make the data source wait for the connection until the end of the time as set(40000). Please note that this will affect the whole server and all the JDBC connections. For more information you could refer to ** [The Pool of Connections of the JDBC Data Sources](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/en/vdp/vql/generating_wrappers_and_data_sources/creating_data_sources/jdbc_data_sources#the-pool-of-connections-of-the-jdbc-data-sources) **under the section of the Virtual DataPort VQL Guide. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
01-12-2022 07:18:07 -0500
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here