You can translate the question and the replies:

Cache

Denodo 5.0 release 20141023 - Windows Server 2008R2. Have run across issue with cache several times. I have a table that I do a full cache never expire and have a schedule job that updates it once a night. The table is a union view of three tables. About a week ago, I noticed that the record count of the view had been the same for a week, 830 rows. I went and executed the table and checked it to not use cache. It returned 856 rows. I then executed it with the following checked, Do not use cache, Store results in cache, Invalidate existing results. It returned 856 rows again. I then executed it with Do not use cache unchecked. It returned 0 rows. I get no errors when trying to populate the cache but it will not store the data in the cache. The only way I know to fix this is to delete all the cache tables but don't want to do this in a production environment. The cache DB is an Oracle 11g database. I currently have cache turned off in order for it to work.
user
07-05-2015 15:04:09 -0400
code

3 Answers

Hi! It's difficult for me to give you an answer without more context, is there any error in the log?
Denodo Team
07-05-2015 16:05:12 -0400
code
No errors in any logs for this. If I turn cache on and execute query to load the cache, it returns all the rows like the cache should be loaded. When I re query, 0 records returned. If I create a schedule job like: select * from myTable CONTEXT ("cache_preload"="true", "cache_invalidate"="true"); It executes without any errors anywhere but in the Extr. Tuples column, it has a 0.
user
 Edited on: 28-03-2023 12:20:38 -0400
Ok, maybe you can execute a query like this one and check the execution trace: select * from myTable CONTEXT ("cache_preload"="true", "cache_invalidate"="true", "ReturnQueryResults"="false", "WaitForCacheLoad"="true") TRACE Hope it helps!
Denodo Team
07-05-2015 18:28:21 -0400
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here