You can translate the question and the replies:

Joining to Cache

I found when joining to a cached view performance is slow probably due to network latency, I decided to move the cache into my EDW to see if performance would improve. It did marginally but Denodo didn't recognize that the Cache and the data I was joining both resided in the EDW. Is there a way I can tell Denodo that the Cache and data source are in the same back-end database? Use a data source when setting up the cache, perhaps?
user
23-01-2017 20:08:36 -0500
code

1 Answer

Hi The cache is independent even if its in the same database. It is an independent schema.Denodo considers cache as a separate datasource and hence when you push the complete query,denodo treats cache as separate source and view as separate datasource and executes the query. For your problem I would recommend the following as an option. You can do a full cache on the views that you are using in the join operation. In that case the query is delegated to the cache datasource and the performance will be better. In regards to know more about how to improve your query performance kindly look into this document https://community.denodo.com/docs/view/document/Denodo%20Express/Denodo%206.0/Virtual%20DataPort%20Administration%20Guide Under these following sections Advanced Configuration of a views. -Editing of the View -Defining the Data Movements of the View Queries Optimization. Hope this helps.
Denodo Team
24-01-2017 23:23:28 -0500
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here