You can translate the question and the replies:

IMPLEMENTATION of INTERFACE VIEW is automatically changing

Hi Team, In the interface view,for example we have 10 columns and during creation of interfaceview, all 10 columns are implemented with implementation expression and it is working fine. After sometime, the implementation expression for few columns disappear and this keeps on changing over a period of time. Sometimes the implementation expression appears for all columns and sometimes it disappears for few columns. The view still runs well in 1 environment but when deployed to higher environment, it throws implementation error. Could you please help us with any solution to this?
user
13-12-2023 06:08:43 -0500
code

4 Answers

Hi, I understand that you are creating an interface view in one of your environments and a few columns in it disappear and throw implementation error when deployed to higher environment. Also, I believe that, you might have lost your mapping (columns) in the interface view when creating and executing the view in the latest update. At this moment, I would like to let you know that, the mentioned behavior has been identified as a **defect** in the Denodo Platform 8.0 (20230914) and it will be fixed in the future update. As a workaround for this scenario, I suggest to execute the following command in the VQL shell as ‘Admin’ user: >SET 'com.denodo.vdb.catalog.view.transformation.tranformationsNotToApply'='PRUNE_PROJECTED_FIELDS'; Once the above command is executed, you could export the VQL of the interface view along with its dependencies from the environment in which the interface view works properly and import it in the issue persisting environment, to regain the mappings in your interface view. Otherwise, you need to recreate the interface view after the command is set in the error persisting environment. Further, if you would like to get more assistance, and if you have valid Support access, then I suggest you to open a new Support case where we could assist you more. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
15-12-2023 07:08:41 -0500
code
so, shall we follow this apporach whichever interface we encounter this issue for now or do we need to do this all interfaces currently deployed?
user
18-12-2023 03:15:50 -0500
Also, do we need this command to be executed once for all or everytime prior to wehnver we recreate or reimport the correct interface: SET 'com.denodo.vdb.catalog.view.transformation.tranformationsNotToApply'='PRUNE_PROJECTED_FIELDS'
user
18-12-2023 03:43:23 -0500
Hi, In general, when you perform the suggested workaround, the property gets updated in the **VDBconfiguration.properties** file located under the <DENODO_HOME>/conf/vdp folder. So, it is not necessary to execute this command every time before recreating or importing the interface. Also, this particular command applies immediately and do not require a server restart. Additionally, please be noted that the changes get reflected at the server level and are not specific to a view. Once the above command is executed, you could recreate or import the issue persisting interface views, so that it will not lose its mappings. You could also refer to the [Changing Settings of Virtual DataPort and the Web Container](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/en/vdp/vql/advanced_characteristics/changing_settings/changing_settings) documentation for more details. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
19-12-2023 01:25:18 -0500
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here