You can translate the question and the replies:

How to remove a new line character in a field?

I want to remove new line characters and replace it with a dot in every record from a field. Giving an example below: Abcd Efgh 1234 ijkl The above mentioned example is a value in a single record. I want the final output as: Abcd Efgh. 1234. ijkl **I have tried this:** replace("Column_name", ' ', '. ') This is just adding a dot at the beginning of every line but not removing the new line characters. I also tried replacing '\n' with '. ' but even this doesn't work.
user
19-04-2023 05:29:55 -0400
code

1 Answer

Hi, I tested with an excel file with multiple lines of data and found Denodo natively combines multiple lines into a single line in the execution panel. I used char(10) instead of putting a space in the second parameter of the REPLACE function and having the third parameter as ‘.’ and it worked for my test case. You may also want to make sure to delegate this replace function to the underlying data source if the amount of data to be queried or processed is large for performance reasons. This can be validated from the execution trace menu of the query result page. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
19-04-2023 22:52:08 -0400
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here