You can translate the question and the replies:

Functionality of allusers role?

We are currently using VDP V6.0.20170220. As a local schema admin (not server admin), I would like to leverage the allusers role to grant security to connect to my schema, read from certain views, etc. to all LDAP users in situations where the data access has minimal or no security requirements. However, when I try to set this, I get an error "User does not have enough privileges or does not have ADMIN privileges." Is the alluser role meant for server admin use only? If not, how can I as a local schema admin leverage it? thanks!
user
06-11-2017 15:58:21 -0500
code

3 Answers

Hi, The error "User does not have enough privileges or does not have ADMIN privileges." occurs when the logged in user does not have administrator privilege to modify the privileges of **allusers** role. When I logged in as a normal user, I would ensure that I have **serveradmin** role assigned by the administrator, so that I would be able to assign connect and read privilege to **allusers** role. For more information on serveradmin role, have a look at [Roles](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/6.0/vdp/administration/databases_users_and_access_rights_in_virtual_dataport/user_and_access_right_in_virtual_dataport/user_and_access_right_in_virtual_dataport#roles) section of Virtual DataPort Administration Guide. Hope this helps !!
Denodo Team
07-11-2017 07:34:35 -0500
code
Thanks for the info. Is the assignprivileges role another option? If I had the assignprivileges role, would I be able to manage allusers role security?
user
08-11-2017 18:12:53 -0500
Hi, In Virtual DataPort, the 'allusers' role is a default role, which could be accessed by administrative users and users with 'serveradmin' role The 'assignprivileges' role provides the privileges of granting/revoking privileges to other users and roles. In order to use 'allusers' role you should login as an administrative users or a user with 'serveradmin' role. To know more about 'assignprivileges' role, you could refer [Roles](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/6.0/vdp/administration/databases_users_and_access_rights_in_virtual_dataport/user_and_access_right_in_virtual_dataport/user_and_access_right_in_virtual_dataport#roles) section of Virtual DataPort Administration Guide. Hope this helps !!
Denodo Team
16-11-2017 08:31:52 -0500
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here