You can translate the question and the replies:

Scheduling Jobs in Denodo using BMC Contol-M (without using the Denodo Scheduler)

I am using Version 6.0 (update 12192016) on RedHat Linux. I need to use Control-M with Denodo - to run jobs in Denodo to populate the Cache engine tables. Can I use ODBC to connect from Control-M to to Denodo to run VQL scripts to run Base/Derived Views to load data into the Cache Engine. If I cannot use ODBC, can I use JDBC instead? Using ODBC/JDBC can I invoke a Denodo provided wrapper (shell) script? (Control-M calls the Linux server to run the shell script which invokes a job for a Base/View to load data into the Cache engine) Note: The assumption is that I have already enable the Base/Derived view to load data into the Cache engine.
user
08-02-2017 13:56:08 -0500
code

2 Answers

Hi! Control – M allows connections using JDBC drivers. I’d use the Denodo JDBC driver located in *<DENODOHOME>/tools/client-drivers/jdbc* as it’s the recommended approach for connecting to the Denodo VDP server from external clients. For performing cache load operations I’d execute the VQL queries directly against that JDBC connection making use of the CONTEXT clause. An example query for loading the cache could be this one: ``` SELECT * FROM example_view CONTEXT('cache_preload'='true', 'cache_invalidate'='all_rows', 'cache_wait_for_load'='true', 'cache_return_query_results'='false') ``` Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
24-02-2017 03:31:00 -0500
code
I am not clear on how CONTROL-M will call the jdbc driver. Is it direct or does Control-M call a shell script which contains the code to connect to the VDP database via the jdbc driver. Do you have a sample of a linux/unix shell script which contains a call to a denodo database using a jdbc connection and the SQL
user
02-05-2017 02:05:54 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here