You can translate the question and the replies:

Datatype Issue while creating a base view from SQL Server

I have a table in Sql server with a column of date datatype. For this instance : Create table table_name ( dob date ) ; I have created base view on top of this table. But in base view, datatype of dob as text datatype in denodo which is not expected. I want this as date datatype in denodo. can someone please explain me why it is behaving like this??
user
08-05-2018 06:49:25 -0400
code

1 Answer

Hi, In the new 7.0 version of Denodo, the date field is created with an appropriate data type for MSSQL server database. In earlier versions, when you create a base view over MSSQL server that uses one of JTDS adapters, the date field is created as "text". During base view creation, you can change the field type of “text” to a "date" from the drop-down option of the field type. Alternatively, instead of JTDS drivers, you can use one of the MS Drivers for your base view creation to keep the native data type. For more details, you can refer to [New Features of Virtual DataPort](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/platform/new_features/new_features_virtual_dataport#jdbc-data-sources) of Denodo Platform New Features Guide. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
10-05-2018 03:00:38 -0400
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here