You can translate the question and the replies:

Test file to check if cached view is not empty

Hi, I want to create a test files to see if the cached views are empty.Initialy i thought of just selecting top 100 records from cached view in %Execution directory and another query selecting top 100 directly from source in %result directive. But later i realized that the test will fail as its not necessary that the record should be same. Can you suggest me any query in %execution and %result directive to test if cached view is not empty ?
user
31-01-2017 09:43:39 -0500
code

5 Answers

Hi , I tried this Using the the following query in the %Execution directive Select count(*) from <cached_view_name> And in the %Results directive set the value as Count 0 If the test is success then the cached view is empty. If the test is not successful then the cached view is not empty. Hope this helps.
Denodo Team
02-02-2017 23:23:53 -0500
code
Getting error while using reporter email Exception in thread "main" com.denodo.connect.testing.exception.TestExecutionExc eption: Error sending the e-mail report at com.denodo.connect.testing.reporter.EmailTestReporter.engineEnd(Email TestReporter.java:109) at com.denodo.connect.testing.reporter.MultipleTestReporter.engineEnd(Mu ltipleTestReporter.java:28) at com.denodo.connect.testing.engine.TestExecutor.execute(TestExecutor.j ava:66) at com.denodo.connect.testing.TestRunner.run(TestRunner.java:139) at com.denodo.connect.testing.TestRunner.main(TestRunner.java:99) Help me to resolve this
user
03-02-2017 04:38:18 -0500
Hi, I was able to reproduce the scenario which you faced.I then found the cause for the problem. This error comes when denodo testing tool tries to connect to your mail account and if your mail account has restricted access. So follow these steps: While Configuring make sure you give the correct mail id , password and other server information in the configuration.properties file located in the conf folder. Then make sure that your mail account gives access to denodo testing tool application. If both are set properly you will not get any errors. I tried it and it works fine for me. Hope this helps.
Denodo Team
09-02-2017 22:46:53 -0500
code
can you please rephrase "Then make sure that your mail account gives access to denodo testing tool application". I have set all the details like mail id , password and other server information in the configuration.properties, but still get the same error
user
10-02-2017 05:09:53 -0500
Hi, I would recommend you to download the latest version of the Denodo Testing Tool (20170224) from the Denodo Support site. With this new version you can use Denodo Testing Tool with unauthenticated servers for the Email Test Reporter. Now try to configure the new parameter "reporter.email.from" to the email id from which you want the report notifications to be sent out. Also the username and password parameters are made optional. Hope this helps.
Denodo Team
16-03-2017 08:22:49 -0400
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here