You can translate the question and the replies:

Sending Parameter for Denodo Testing tool Test Scripts

Hi, Can we set a parameter with value and send it for the queries in test scripts(.denodotest files) of denodo testing tool??
user
25-05-2016 00:49:31 -0400
code

3 Answers

Hi, Did you try the CONTEXT directive? With this directive you can declare a list of variables and their values and you can use these variables in other directives (SETUP, EXECUTION, RESUTL, TRACE and TEARDOWN). I recommend you check the documentation included with the Denodo Testing tool in the “doc” folder, it is very well explained. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
25-05-2016 05:03:46 -0400
code
Hi, I have many testscripts with the common parameter, so if i need to change the value of the parameter i have to modify all the test scripts. So is there any way that we can store the parameter outside test script files(like .config file or .properties file) and pass it to all my test scripts? Thank you in advance.
user
25-05-2016 05:13:21 -0400
Yes, as you can read in the documentation you have two options. Variables declared with CONTEXT can be used in the same test or its children. In your case I would create a parent test (in which I would declare the variables) and all the test could be children of it (using the EXTENDS directive). Also, the values of these variables can be plain text or references to properties declared in the global configuration file. Another option, then, is to declare the property in the global configuration and set the variables pointing to that property in each test.
Denodo Team
25-05-2016 06:13:20 -0400
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here