You can translate the question and the replies:

Denodo Express - Connecting to Snowflake Database

I am attempting to connect to a Snowflake Database via Denodo Express 8.0 on a Linux CentOS VM in Azure. JDBC connection - tried snowflake 1.x which comes with Denodo Express and also tried snowflake 3 (which was set up using snowflake-jdbc-3.13.1.jar through Extension Management). Both resulted in - Unable to establish connection: Unable to establish connection: Driver not found. Used this doc - https://community.denodo.com/kb/en/view/document/How%20to%20connect%20to%20Snowflake%20from%20Denodo ODBC - tried this and get - Unable to establish connection: ODBC data source creation is disabled. Looked at setting up another ODBC driver but there is no ODBC option to import another ODBC driver through Extension Management. Can anyone advise if I can connect to a Snowflake Database via Denodo Express 8.0 please?
user
27-04-2023 10:20:18 -0400
code

4 Answers

Hi, I have been successfully able to connect to Snowflake from Denodo Express 8.0 by following these steps: I first looked up my connection details in Snowflake using the queries: * use role accountadmin; select SYSTEM$ALLOWLIST(); - > "host":"xe#########.snowflakecomputing.com" * In Denodo Design Studio I went o **File -> New -> Data Source -> JDBC** * Gave a name to my Connection * ** Database adapter** : Snowflake * **Database URL**: jdbc:snowflake://xe#########.snowflakecomputing.com/? make sure to include **jdbc:snowflake://** in your String instead of only using the Snowflake Hostname * I used login and password Authentication and provided my Snowflake details * In the Advanced Section you can check of your Driver class path * When you select your driver class path, the Driver class should be automatically selected. Don't edit it. For performance reasons it is recommmended to use JDBC when possible instead of ODBC. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
02-05-2023 06:19:46 -0400
code
Hi, Thanks, I tried the above and now get the message - Unable to establish connection: JDBC driver encountered communication error. Message: HTTP status=403. Any sugggestions please?
user
02-05-2023 06:36:54 -0400
Hi, i tried replicating the error and also received it when i put in a wrong hostname. Maybe that could an issue for you too. The functions: use role accountadmin; select SYSTEM$ALLOWLIST(); return multiple host names. I used the one with the type **SNOWFLAKE_DEPLOYMENT**. Make sure to select the right one. Also make sure to able to connect to Snowflake from your machine. There could be a firewall that is blocking the connection or the Snowflake is running in a private network and may need a proxy to connect to it from outside the network Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
02-05-2023 07:22:16 -0400
code
Thanks, using the host name with type SNOWFLAKE_DEPLOYMENT resolved this.
user
27-06-2023 10:27:27 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here