You can translate the question and the replies:

Automating creation of base views using Generate VQL Script and Get Source Table stored procs

Good day, I have been trying to combine the Generate VQL Script to Create Base View and Get Source Tables stored procs to automate the creation of my views for all tables in a range of schema's from a DB2 datawarehouse. I was provide a sample from the "Chat" group on the site, but my version returns 0 records. I believe it has something to do with the "catalog" not being available on DB2 and thus requiring a null to be passed instead. Please review my script below and help me understand how I can get it to actually work? PS: It was executed in VQL Shell -- Edit: Solved the problem by starting with the Generate VQL stored proc using Inner Join to Get Source stored procs and supplying the values in the where statement
user
07-10-2022 03:11:21 -0400
code

1 Answer

Hello, I understand that you have been trying to automate the base view creation for all tables in Denodo from a range of schema from a DB2 data warehouse as data source by combining the results of create base view stored procedure and get source table stored procedure in a VQL query. You were able to accomplish this by creating a query which starts with GENERATE_VQL_TO_CREATE_JDBC_BASE_VIEW stored procedure and Inner Joins its result to GET_JDBC_DATASOURCE_TABLES stored procedure and then providing the values in “WHERE” clause for filtering the result to generate base view creation VQL queries for only specific datasource tables. The following documents can be referred to get more information on above mentioned stored procedures : [GENERATE_VQL_TO_CREATE_JDBC_BASE_VIEW](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/en/vdp/vql/stored_procedures/predefined_stored_procedures/generate_vql_to_create_jdbc_base_view) and [GET_JDBC_DATASOURCE_TABLES](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/en/vdp/vql/stored_procedures/predefined_stored_procedures/get_jdbc_datasource_tables) Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
07-10-2022 20:27:40 -0400
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here