You can translate the question and the replies:

How to identify or eliminate the pre-defined admin roles from LIST Roles

Dear Friends, I am using LIST ROLES to get list of all the roles from denodo. I don't want to see pre-defined admin related roles in my list of roles. I mean, I don't want to see the following pre-defined roles (data_catalog_admin, data_catalog_classifier, data_catalog_content_admin, data_catalog_editor, data_catalog_exporter, data_catalog_manager, solution_manager_admin, solution_manager_promotion, solution_manager_promotion_admin, solution_manager_promotion_admin_development, solution_manager_promotion_admin_production, solution_manager_promotion_admin_staging, solution_manager_promotion_development solution_manager_promotion_production, solution_manager_promotion_staging ... etc...) Do we have any VQL query which helps to eliminate admin related information from list of roles and/or databases from denodo. Please let me know. Thanks in advance :-)
user
27-01-2020 15:38:24 -0500
code

1 Answer

Hi, To filter names of roles in Denodo, you will need to create a base view from a query using the “LIST ROLES” command. To do this I’ve done the following: 1. Made a data source accessing the Virtual DataPort Server 2. Created a base view and selected “Create from Query” 3. Named the view, entered “LIST ROLES” as the query, and saved the view 4. Selected the view, clicked on “Options > Search Methods > wrapper source configuration” and set “Delegate SQL sentence as subquery” to “No” Following these steps, you can now query the new view and add WHERE conditions. For example: SELECT * FROM <VIEW_NAME> WHERE (name notlike ‘%admin%’ AND name notlike ‘data_catalog_%’) For more information about creating base views from queries, I recommend reading the [Creating Base Views from SQL Queries](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/vdp/administration/creating_data_sources_and_base_views/jdbc_sources/jdbc_sources#creating-base-views-from-sql-queries) article from the Denodo Platform 7.0 User Manual. I hope this helps!
Denodo Team
28-01-2020 11:23:24 -0500
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here