You can translate the question and the replies:

Cache Error

Hello, Can someone help me with below cache error ? We have a scheduled job to load the cache for a table, and the job failed with below error code. We have several tables in the same job to refresh cache and two of them failed with same error as below. Job finished successfully after rerunning manually .I would like to understand why this error occurred and what options are available to avoid such errors. Query String---> select * from `dim_date` CONTEXT('cache_preload'='true', 'waitforcacheload'='true', 'returnqueryresults'='false', 'cache_invalidate'='all_rows', 'cache_atomic_operation'='true') TRACE Cache Error-->com.denodo.vdb.util.tablemanagement.TableManagerException: There was an error while inserting data : The last packet successfully received from the server was 57,153,563 milliseconds ago. The last packet sent successfully to the server was 57,153,564 milliseconds ago. is longer than the server configured value of 'wait_timeout'. You should consider either expiring and/or testing connection validity before use in your application, increasing the server configured values for client timeouts, or using the Connector/J connection property 'autoReconnect=true' to avoid this problem. Thanks, Elias.
user
27-02-2015 12:26:10 -0500
code

3 Answers

Hi Elias, That error means that MySQL has closed the connection that Denodo was using to insert data. Have you tried adding the property autoReconnect=true to the cache connection string as recommended by the error message? It should look something like jdbc:mysql://MYSERVER.COM/MY_DATABASE?autoReconnect=true
Denodo Team
27-02-2015 13:35:02 -0500
code
Thankyou for your response. Can you please elaborate on "cache connection string" ? Is it JDBC connection to cache database ? And I believe its controlled by Denodo Admin. jdbc:mysql://MYSERVER.COM/MY_DATABASE?autoReconnect=true Thanks.
user
02-03-2015 13:06:48 -0500
Yes, we are referring to the JDBC connection string to the database used as cache, that according to the error message you have seems to be MySQL. These properties can only be modified by a Denodo administrator using the VDP Administration tool. Once open, go to Administration > Server Configuration > Cache
Denodo Team
02-03-2015 15:59:16 -0500
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here