You can translate the question and the replies:

View Multiple Denodo Databases (using Alteryx)

I have followed the steps in the Denodo KB for "HOW TO CONNECT TO DENODO FROM ALTERYX" https://community.denodo.com/kb/en/view/document/How%20to%20connect%20to%20Denodo%20from%20Alteryx?tag=Consumers In Alteryx, I am able to successfully configure connections and query data from my company's instance of Denodo. In Denodo, we have 6 different databases. My problem is, when querying in the Alteryx Visual Query Builder, I can only see tables (or maybe views) from just 1 database. The database I can see corresponds to the database entered in the ODBC DSN. This means that for me to view all 6 databases tables, I must setup 6 separate ODBC connections. Is there a way to view all 6 databases within the same VQB window? In Excel, I'm able to see objects from all 6 databases using a single ODBC source.
user
14-02-2024 10:29:44 -0500
code

2 Answers

Hi, It's my understanding that you are not able to see all Denodo databases, only the one you provide in the ODBC configuration, while you can see all in Excel. I could also see the same behavior you describe in Excel, as long as you have the permissions, you can access other databases in the Denodo server beyond the one indicated in the driver. I also tried a different ODBC client and could again access all Denodo databases, simply by following the indications in [this thread](https://community.denodo.com/answers/question/details?questionId=9060g00000009yDAAQ&title=Connecting+to+multiple+databases+with+ODBC+Connection), prefixing the desired database. In this regard, the different Denodo databases can be referenced as long as permissions are in place. I also tried with Alteryx Designer and could reproduce what you see, the Visual Query Generator tab focuses on just the Denodo database specified in the ODBC configuration, without noticing the other ones in the same Denodo server. Having said that, when testing a query on the SQL editor Tab in Alteryx Designer, I can successfully use a query against a different Denodo database with the nomenclature mentioned before (select * from <another_denodo_database>.<table_name>), but I do not seem to be able to use it visually in the other tab. So the different databases seem available somehow through the ODBC driver, just not in that graphical widget. In case that writing the query in the Alteryx SQL Editor is not helpful, I would suggest getting help from the client vendor, to check whether they have other suggestions in regards to exposing that widget to all the Denodo databases simultaneously, similarly to what the SQL Editor Tab, Excel or other clients can do. Hope this helps.
Denodo Team
16-02-2024 03:34:52 -0500
code
Denodo Team, Thank you for your quick response and for taking the steps to reproduce and confirm the same behavior I am experiencing. I will reach out to Alteryx about what can be done to expose all database objects within the Visual Query Builder.
user
20-02-2024 16:24:55 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here