You can translate the question and the replies:

GetSession not working outside of the VDP

I had the following script and then various views based off this script working in the VDP but then when I tried to run a dervied view from a tool like DBeaver everything is coming up blank because the GETSESSION function is not returning a value. Is there something I can do to force the credentially to make the GETSESSION feature work from an external tool outside of the VDP? we need need the queries to be dyanmic and know the username and the permisson that should be displayed. This is critical to us setting up security for our views. ``` select * from (select * from hcc_dv_dev.bv_ctigeneral_s3_ldap_matrix_regionsector)a RIGHT JOIN (SELECT GETSESSION('user') as user_name FROM dual()) b ON (a.samaccountname = b.user_name) ```
user
10-03-2021 22:53:07 -0500
code

1 Answer

Hi, I was able to get the desired result from querying the view created by joining [ GETSESSION() ](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/6.0/vdp/vql/appendix/syntax_of_condition_functions/other_functions#getsession) query and an LDAP user information base view. I Would suggest you check if the user being connected to the external client has an LDAP account so that the join returns the expected result. For instance, if I connect to an external client (Eg: DBeaver) using a local user created in the Virtual DataPort server, when I join the GETSESSION('user') to the base view created from an LDAP source I would not get any result. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
11-03-2021 07:55:36 -0500
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here