You can translate the question and the replies:

Connection error with the VDP server when authenticating

Hi, When I want to run the denodo scheduler and try to login, I get the following error: "Connection error with VDP server during authentication" After I checked in the log file "223350 [RMI TCP Connection(21)-192.168.28.1] ERROR 2023-10-13T19:57:03.989 com.denodo.scheduler.core.server.authentication.remote.AuthenticationManagerImpl[] - org.apache.shiro.authc.AuthenticationException: com.denodo.permissions.vdp.VDPConnectException: Unable to connect to server. Please contact your administrator." What should I do please help Thank you.
user
13-10-2023 18:55:07 -0400
code

1 Answer

Hi, I understand that you are unable to login to the Denodo Scheduler and getting **“Connection error with VDP server during authentication"**. This error could occur if the Virtual DataPort server used for the authentication is not responding or there is an incorrect configuration of the Virtual DataPort server. In order to overcome this issue, please perform the following: 1) Check if the Virtual Data Port server used for authentication of the Scheduler server is up and running. 2) Try accessing the Scheduler server through Local authentication (the password is initially set to “admin”). You could use the following URL format to access the [Scheduler with location authentication](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/en/scheduler/administration/installation_and_execution/installation_and_execution). **(http://<hostname>:<port>/webadmin/denodo-scheduler-admin/#/local-login)** 3) Once the local login is successful, navigate to Administration > Authentication settings > Virtual Dataport settings and check if the mentioned details (Host, Port, DB) are correct, valid. 4) If the details are incorrect, please modify and specify the correct VDP server details > save the changes > login again to the Scheduler Web admin tool and check if the issue is resolved. Further, if the issue still persists, and if you have valid Support access, then I suggest you to open a new Support case where we could assist you more. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
16-10-2023 09:24:45 -0400
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here