You can translate the question and the replies:

Error connecting PowerBI desktop to Denodo 8.0

I'm getting the following error when trying to connect PowerBI Desktop to a newly installed Denodo server for the first time: Details: "ODBC: ERROR [08001] timeout expired I was using the denodo connector that shipped with PowerBI Desktop initially, but have recently found and installed the latest .mez connector from Denodo, but continue to encounter the same error. From the vdp log file I see the following: - There was an error securing an incoming ODBC connection [Connection ID: 99]. java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method) ~[?:?] at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(SocketInputStream.java:115) ~[?:?] at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:168) ~[?:?] at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:140) ~[?:?] at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketInputRecord.read(SSLSocketInputRecord.java:467) ~[?:?] at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketInputRecord.readHeader(SSLSocketInputRecord.java:461) ~[?:?] at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketInputRecord.decode(SSLSocketInputRecord.java:160) ~[?:?] at sun.security.ssl.SSLTransport.decode(SSLTransport.java:110) ~[?:?] at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.decode(SSLSocketImpl.java:1403) ~[?:?] at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readHandshakeRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:1309) ~[?:?] at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:440) ~[?:?] at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:411) ~[?:?] at com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.server.odbc.ODBCListener$ODBCConnection.g3(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-server.jar:8.0.6] at com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.server.odbc.ODBCBackend.a3(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-server.jar:8.0.6] at com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.server.odbc.QueryAdapter.a3(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-server.jar:8.0.6] at com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.server.odbc.ODBCFrontend.a3(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-server.jar:8.0.6] at com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.server.odbc.ODBCFrontend.a3(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-server.jar:8.0.6] at com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.server.odbc.ODBCFrontend.a3(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-server.jar:8.0.6] at com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.server.odbc.ODBCListener$ODBCConnection.run(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-server.jar:8.0.6] I also see the following shortly after the above message: - java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error I'm not sure where to look to resolve the error and get Powerbi to be able to connect.
user
25-04-2023 15:08:07 -0400
code

2 Answers

Hi, The timeout error usually happens because of too long connection time that exceeded the timeout settings on Denodo web container. It seems like the connection between PowerBI and Denodo cannot be established. You said that you used denodo connector that shipped with PowerBI Desktop initially, then trying another custom connector, please note that Denodo Power BI Custom Connector is certified by Microsoft since the October 2018 release, so you can use the Denodo connector included in Microsoft Power BI. The use of this certified Denodo Connector is the recommended option unless you are using a version of Microsoft Power BI prior to the October 2018 release. It sounds like your question needs to be addressed by the Denodo team since it requires deeper analysis so I suggest you open a new case in the [Denodo Support Site](https://support.denodo.com/Index.do) if you are a valid support account user, so the Denodo team can help you. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
26-04-2023 03:55:02 -0400
code
I'm curious to see if this issue has been resolved ? We've been having the same issue for a while...
user
01-06-2023 15:17:14 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here