You can translate the question and the replies:

How to use script to import custom policy jar artifacts to VDP

HI Team, We want to automate the process to import the custom policy jar artifacts to VDP, can you please provide some way? Is there some manual about it? Thanks
user
22-12-2021 05:07:33 -0500
code

3 Answers

Hi, At this moment, it is possible only to automate the resources like Kerberos resources, JDBC drivers, sapjco, essbase using **importResources.bat** script residing in <DENODO_HOME>/bin. As per the note in the [**Importing Extensions**](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/en/vdp/administration/importing_extensions/importing_extensions#importing-extensions) document, for custom wrappers, custom functions, policies or stored procedures, it is required to upload them via the Administration Tool. In order to achieve that, I would follow the below steps: 1. Launch the Virtual DataPort Administration tool. 2. Navigate to File > Extension management > Import. 3. Choose the jar file from the respective path and click ok. This way, the jar file created from the custom policy can be imported into the Virtual DataPort Administration tool. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
22-12-2021 07:49:29 -0500
code
Can I understand it is impposible to use script to automate the process that import java custom policy now? we used Denodo 8
user
22-12-2021 20:29:39 -0500
Hi, I would like to confirm that only the resources like JDBC drivers, sapjco, Kerberos resources, essbase can be automated to import into the Virtual DataPort Administration tool using importResources.bat script. At this moment, the option to automate the import process for custom wrappers, custom functions, policies, or stored procedures is not available and it confirms your understanding. As per the note in the [**Importing Extensions**](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/en/vdp/administration/importing_extensions/importing_extensions#importing-extensions) document, it is required to import them only via the Administration Tool. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
23-12-2021 07:47:00 -0500
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here