You can translate the question and the replies:

How can the same be done if we are using an external database in place of apache derby ?

Lets say we are using an external database inplace of Derby as our metadata repository. How can we then make this external database as a common database for all my catalogs(which are in a cluster)?
user
20-06-2020 06:53:36 -0400
code

1 Answer

Hi, To configure the external database to store the metadata information, I would create the tables once manually by executing the scripts (.sql) of the directory **<DENODO_HOME>/resources/apache-tomcat/webapps/denodo-data-catalog/WEB-INF/classe**s. Then, in the configure the database settings, I would provide the same Database URI, class name, etc in all servers in the cluster. By doing this, I was able to set the shared external database. For more information, you could refer to the [Configure the Internal Database Used by the Data Catalog](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/data_catalog/administration/servers_configuration/servers_configuration#configure-the-internal-database-used-by-the-data-catalog) section of the Data Catalog Guide. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
22-06-2020 06:54:33 -0400
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here