You can translate the question and the replies:

Can't access denod via JDBC

denodo-vdp-jdbcdriver.jar (from server) denodo-vdp-jdbcdriver-8.0-ga.jar denodo-vdp-jdbcdriver-8.0-update-20210209.jar denodo server version is <version displayName="8.0" major="8" minor="0"/> my local is jdk 8, python 3.6.8, jayBeBeApi 1.2.3 my code was essentially the same as on this page for [JDBC section](https://community.denodo.com/kb/en/view/document/How%20to%20connect%20to%20Denodo%20from%20Python%20-%20a%20starter%20for%20Data%20Scientists#h.zh0yrd9831w9). I have tried all combo of jdbc:vdb and jdbc:denodo with the above 3 drivers. I all get the below error: > Traceback (most recent call last): File "org.jpype.JPypeContext.java", line -1, in org.jpype.JPypeContext.callMethod File "Method.java", line 498, in java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke File "DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java", line 43, in sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke File "NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java", line 62, in sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke File "NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java", line -2, in sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0 File "DriverManager.java", line 208, in java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection File "DriverManager.java", line 664, in java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection File "VDBJDBCDriver.java", line 233, in com.denodo.vdb.jdbcdriver.VDBJDBCDriver.connect File "VDBJDBCConnection.java", line 153, in com.denodo.vdb.jdbcdriver.VDBJDBCConnection.getConnection File "DAOVDBProxy.java", line 228, in com.denodo.vdb.jdbcdriver.dao.DAOVDBProxy.connect File "com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.common.datasource.VDBDataSource.java", line -1, in com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.common.datasource.VDBDataSource.getConnection File "com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.common.connection.ProxyVDBConnectionUtil.java", line -1, in com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.common.connection.ProxyVDBConnectionUtil.newVDBConnectionInstance File "Constructor.java", line 423, in java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance File "DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java", line 45, in sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance File "NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java", line 62, in sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance File "NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java", line -2, in sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0 File "com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.common.connection.VDBConnectionImpl.java", line -1, in com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.common.connection.VDBConnectionImpl.<init> com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.common.connection.VDBConnectionException: com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.common.connection.VDBConnectionException: Connection error: Check the host name and port number are correct, and that client and server belong to the same Denodo major version. Cannot trust the server to establish a SSL connection The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception: Traceback (most recent call last): File "org.jpype.JPypeContext.java", line -1, in org.jpype.JPypeContext.callMethod File "Method.java", line 498, in java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke File "DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java", line 43, in sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke File "NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java", line 62, in sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke File "NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java", line -2, in sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0 File "DriverManager.java", line 208, in java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection File "DriverManager.java", line 664, in java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection File "VDBJDBCDriver.java", line 233, in com.denodo.vdb.jdbcdriver.VDBJDBCDriver.connect File "VDBJDBCConnection.java", line 153, in com.denodo.vdb.jdbcdriver.VDBJDBCConnection.getConnection File "DAOVDBProxy.java", line 244, in com.denodo.vdb.jdbcdriver.dao.DAOVDBProxy.connect Exception: Java Exception The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception: Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:/Users/zzzz/PycharmProjects/denodo-test/main.py", line 47, in <module> test() File "C:/Users/zzzzz/PycharmProjects/denodo-test/main.py", line 30, in test jars=denododriver_path File "C:\Users\zzzz\.virtualenvs\denodo-test-D-WKK5Ys\lib\site-packages\jaydebeapi\__init__.py", line 412, in connect jconn = _jdbc_connect(jclassname, url, driver_args, jars, libs) File "C:\Users\zzzzz\.virtualenvs\denodo-test-D-WKK5Ys\lib\site-packages\jaydebeapi\__init__.py", line 230, in _jdbc_connect_jpype return jpype.java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(url, *dargs) java.sql.SQLException: java.sql.SQLException: Connection error: Check the host name and port number are correct, and that client and server belong to the same Denodo major version. Cannot trust the server to establish a SSL connection Process finished with exit code 1
user
06-07-2021 16:30:41 -0400
code

1 Answer

Hi, I was able to successfully connect to the Virtual DataPort server and query views using the Python code. In case, I come across an error similar to the Connection error: Check the hostname and port number are correct, and that client and server belong to the same Denodo major version, I would perform the following checks: * I would check if the port number of the Virtual DataPort server trying to connect to is correct. * Also, I would check if the Virtual DataPort server the Python code is trying to access is configured to use SSL. If yes, I would import the certificate into the trust store of the client application. If you still need help and you are a valid support user, then you can raise a new Support case at the [Denodo Support Site](https://support.denodo.com/) so that our Support Team will assist you. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
07-07-2021 04:49:15 -0400
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here