You can translate the question and the replies:

Error while trying to gather stats

I keep getting error, on any jdbc while trying to gather stats manually. I am getting the error : Error executing query. total time ... Query [VIRTUAL] [ERROR] when looking into the logs, I get : com.denodo.vdb.engine.storedprocedure.jdbc.QueryResultSetImpl.next (Unknown source) I fail to understand the issue. Are statistics supposed to be scheduled in some way ?
user
19-03-2017 05:44:39 -0400
code

2 Answers

Hi, I tried it and it worked fine for me. You should check that the connection to your datasource is correctly configured. For that you could use the "Test Connection" button in the data source screen. To gather the statistics of a view, select “Enable statistics” and then click on “Gather statistics for selected fields”. The Tool will instruct the Server to gather and store the statistics of the view. After the process has finished, the table below will be filled in. You can also set the statistics manually by entering the Number of rows and/or filling in the values in the table below. If you want to schedule gathering statistics, you could use the Stored procedure "GENERATE_STATS" on Denodo Scheduler. For more information read the following documents. Virtual DataPort Administration Guide under the section Statistics of the View. Knowledge Base article: How to update the statistics of a view automatically Hope this helps.
Denodo Team
21-03-2017 10:17:10 -0400
code
Hi, I think I tackled those issues before. It works for you, only in cases where the queries are running under very strict delays. I guess its timeout issues. If the response does not come almost immediately, it fails. Maybe there is some configuration controlling this.
user
21-03-2017 11:42:39 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here