You can translate the question and the replies:

Automate Delimited file Base View creation

Hello, We are looking to automate view creation using VQL from a delimited file data source. We are currently able to create a delimited data source and create the views themselves, however it requires the attributes to be provided while creating the view using a VQL while it is able to pull the attributes from the header when we use the design studio. Is there a way to retrieve the attributes from the delimited data source automatically while creating the base view?
user
08-08-2023 11:27:29 -0400
code

1 Answer

Hi, I am assuming you mean the headers which you would like to have as column names when creating the base views. I recommend taking a look at the [GENERATE_VQL_TO_CREATE_DF_DS_BV stored procedure](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/document/denodoconnects/8.0/en/Denodo%20VQL%20Generation%20Stored%20Procedures%20-%20User%20Manual#:~:text=Stored%20Procedure.-,DF,-Installation) which returns the VQL statements required to create a Delimited File base view from a delimited file. When using this stored procedure you can also configure if your file has headers, in which case the column names would be the name of the headers. Let me know if this stored procedure helps you!
Denodo Team
09-08-2023 08:29:29 -0400
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here