You can translate the question and the replies:

Denodo - Base view vs derived view

I would like to better understand the difference between the base view and the derived view. I have a general idea, but can you articulate it so I can better understand the difference. Thank you...
user
02-01-2018 19:18:38 -0500
code

1 Answer

Hi, We define as a “base view” the logical relational representation of the underlying data sources. These virtual views do not contain the data, only metadata about the sources. Base views are standardized regardless of data source, and use an extended relational format. Base views provide physical abstraction (i.e. data source location and API/protocol needed to access it). This abstraction layer means we can start combining and transforming them using a common language i.e. relational algebra (joins, aggregations, filters etc.) to create more complex views. So, once we have our base views, they can be combined using JOIN, UNION, and projection/selection techniques to produce “Derived Views”. Hope this helps,
Denodo Team
29-01-2018 11:07:39 -0500
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here