You can translate the question and the replies:

QueryTimeout on DB2 Datasource Level

I would like to setup the querytimeout on **DB2** datasource connection string. I don't want to do it on **server level**. The below example for sqlserver , which is working jdbc:sqlserver://34.75.137.211:41200;databaseName=iqzdemo;queryTimeout=0; But for DB2 it is showing error code=-4461 sqlstate=42815 or is there any other option to set the querytimeout at datasource level Thanks
user
24-05-2022 10:16:53 -0400
code

1 Answer

Hello! To use the query timeout with DB2, I would use the Oracle DB2 driver. That way I could set the query timeout using the line below added on to my connection string: `QueryTimeout=<timeout_value>;` If I didn’t set the query timeout in the connection string, I would use the CONTEXT Clause to set the query timeout for that particular query. For overview the Context Clause, please check out [CONTEXT Clause](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/en/vdp/vql/queries_select_statement/context_clause/context_clause#context-clause) section in the Virtual DataPort VQL Guide. If you have a valid support user account, please open a new support case at support.denodo.com so that the support team can review the issue in detail. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
25-05-2022 16:06:18 -0400
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here