You can translate the question and the replies:

denodo monitor 8.0 error

Hi Team, I configured Denodo monitor for windows on Denodo express 8.0. The files are generated but data is not getting written to them. Please help. Also there is an error while starting Denodo monitor as below: "D:\Denodo_8\tools\monitor\denodo-monitor\denodo-monitor\bin>denodomonitor_startup.bat Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: Archived non-system classes are disabled because the java.system.class.loader property is specified (value = "com.denodo.util.launcher.DenodoClassLoader"). To use archived non-system classes, this property must not be set Starting Denodo Monitor... vdp Resources Monitor started vdp Threads Monitor started vdp Connections Monitor started vdp Data Sources Monitor started vdp Load Cache Processes Monitor started Sockets Monitor started Processes Monitor started vdp Queries Monitor started JMX error executing vdp Connections Monitor: Error connecting 'vdp' server (//localhost:9999): Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub: javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectIOException: error during JRMP connection establishment; nested exception is: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out] JMX error executing vdp Load Cache Processes Monitor: Error connecting 'vdp' server (//localhost:9999): Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub: javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectIOException: error during JRMP connection establishment; nested exception is: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out] JMX error executing vdp Threads Monitor: Error connecting 'vdp' server (//localhost:9999): Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub: javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectIOException: error during JRMP connection establishment; nested exception is: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out] JMX error executing vdp Data Sources Monitor: Error connecting 'vdp' server (//localhost:9999): Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub: javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectIOException: error during JRMP connection establishment; nested exception is: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out] JMX error executing vdp Resources Monitor: Error connecting 'vdp' server (//localhost:9999): Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub: javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectIOException: error during JRMP connection establishment; nested exception is: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out] JMX error executing vdp Queries Monitor: Error connecting 'vdp' server (//localhost:9999): Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub: javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectIOException: error during JRMP connection establishment; nested exception is: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out] " Thanks
user
13-06-2023 07:37:20 -0400
code

3 Answers

Hi, With the default settings, the Denodo Monitor needs to connect to the JMX port 9997. I was able to replicate your exact error message by changing my port in the config file of the Denodo Monitor to 9999 instead of 9997. I would recommend changing the vdp.jmx.port parameter in the ConfigurationsParameters.properties file to 9997. You can find it in <DENODO_HOME>/tools/monitor/denodo-monitor/conf vdp.jmx.port=9997 If that does not solve your issue I recommend following the suggested steps of a similar question posted [here](https://community.denodo.com/answers/question/details?questionId=906Du00000000MnIAI&title=Failed+to+retrieve+RMIServer+stub) in order to troubleshoot the issue. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
14-06-2023 04:24:36 -0400
code
Hi Team, That helps. Port 9997 solved the problem. Logs are getting written to files now. But, there is another error as well, how to fix this: Error found executing **vdp Resources Monitor**: class com.denodo.monitor.logger.ResourcesMonitor (in unnamed module @0x5cdd8682) cannot access class sun.management.MemoryUsageCompositeData (in module java.management) because module java.management does not export sun.management to unnamed module @0x5cdd8682 vdp Resources Monitor has finished Error found executing **scheduler Resources Monitor**: class com.denodo.monitor.logger.ResourcesMonitor (in unnamed module @0x5cdd8682) cannot access class sun.management.MemoryUsageCompositeData (in module java.management) because module java.management does not export sun.management to unnamed module @0x5cdd8682 scheduler Resources Monitor has finished Thanks
user
19-06-2023 23:55:22 -0400
Hi, This seems like an issue related to Java. From looking at your first message again I can see that you are using an Oracle Java Version (Java HotSpot Warning). I recommend to change your JAVA_HOME variable to the Java path of your Denodo 8.0 installation and then starting the startup script again. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
20-06-2023 08:48:59 -0400
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here